• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do it yourself Turbo Kit

Hey Guys, all B.S. a side I'm about 500 miles north of Vancouver and if you ever do a road trip this way drop me a note before you come and I'll let you know the conditions and take you to a few diffrent places. Its tough to find guys that like technical boondocking most guys just think its to much work. The guys I ride with all agree if your not getting stuck and your not jumping from side to side on your sled like a rodeo cowboy and pulling off some nasty side hills through trees and ravines while climbing theres just not enough snow and you must be on the trail. We have found some of the wickedest places doing this and at the end of the day we judge a good ride by having such sore arms from riding you can't wipe your a$$. We do go to the Mountains as well but LOVE BOON DOCKING the most.

I am posting these pics for Snow Fever

Finalized the Turbo support bracket, completed the Controller installation and finished the exhaust plumbing to the exit under the tunnel. I also tried out my new hot glue gun and welded a patch back in around where the exhaust goes through the tunnel so now the hole is the right size for the pipe. I also built an air box but I used 22 ga. Aluminium and I'm not real happy with it so tomorrow I'm going to get some thicker material and re-do it. Don't think I'm going to be testing in 2 weeks though, every time it gets nice out I go fishing or motorcycling. Oh well I'll just keep plugging along.

6-2-e.jpg

6-2e.jpg

6-2ee.jpg

6-2t.jpg

I gotta tell you, your doing an excellent job with this. I check this post every other day. It looks like you have some excellent welding skills. I'm sure you'll be selling quite a bit of these once evrything is dialed in. Keep up the good work.

rx warrior warning

continuing to put performance parts on the coffee table will result severe injury followed by divorce and the need to put all future parts on a credit card due to a f*&*&g cash settlement!

I am posting these pics for Snow Fever

Well I started the new air box and have the templates made for the charge tube. The charge tube I want is going to be a trick but if I can make it the way I want to it'll look cool too.

airbox.jpg

airbox2.jpg

airbox3.jpg

airbox4.jpg

This air box is 1,125 cubic centemeters (little bigger than a 1litre bottle of oil) the Turbo Gurews say that for optimum performance make the air box 1.1 to 1.2 times larger than the CCs of the motor. So by the time I build my charge tube into it, it should be close to 1,150 - 1,175 CCs I WANT THROTTLE RESPONSE! It looks bigger in the picture though but it is really small.

I do have a suggestion how about a 25 horsepower shot with your turbo that would be nice.A 5 lb bottle would last a long time.

NOS.jpg

Warrior is anyone making a NOS kit for the RX yet? Forgive me, but I'm not all that educated about NOS, is it an all or nothing hit, or can it be a gradual application of power?

spray25 yes NO2 can be controlled by multiple stages for instance stage one could be 15 hp then stage two could be that additional 30 hp there no doubt that a multiple stage nitrous set up to yield some good et by controlling tracked slippage. I've spoken gentlemen named Greg who has installed in nitrous system and a RX-1 here's a link to a Amsnow where he has posted some info.

http://www.amsnow.com/msg_threadshow.asp?forumid=28&messageid=656906&pagenum=1&slug=blank#656906

Tyson / MCExpress turbos/NOS
ACAT87 on 4/28/2003 5:04:43 PM

I have two Tyson Turbos in stock and three on the way . We install turbos / and Nos systems call for Quotes Greg at 781 925 2300 or email at [email=www.acat87@aol.com]www.acat87@aol.com[/email] (TURBO TURTLE)////////////

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACAT87 on 4/28/2003 5:08:18 PM

WE specialize in RX1 and arctic Cat systems TURBO TURTLE //////////

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACAT87 on 4/28/2003 6:47:58 PM

I thought Turtle's where supposed to go in the water/ ???????????Turbo TURTLE//////////

NOS is a good way to make more power. Lots of guys are running it here on mountain sleds, but pretty short lived in mins. I think the Turbo is the best way because the taps always open to be used at your descresion or lack there of as the case may be. RX-Warrior I'm setting it up for 6lbs but putting in a majic switch for 8lbs for short spurts in an emergancy. I'm going to run a mix of Ave. with 92 so it'll handle a short burst on 8lbs (I hope and I'll be the 1st to know and you guys will be 2nd) A guy here went down to Revy and was doing some climbing with a guy on a RX-1 Turbo that was on 7.5lbs boost and got spanked by the RX-1 Turbo. He was riding a RMK 800 single SLP pipe, head reeds and a SLP air box with a 30Hp boon docker nitros kit and a 159x2" track. Hey that Turbo deal sounds good to me and filing that hole up front with NOS might be OVER KILL! Plus I still want to be able to hang on without getting the wife to sew velco to my a$$ and gloves. (mostly because if I do scare the s#!? out of myself I wanna be able to bail) love climb but HATE coming back down. While I'm on the subject of coming back down some Buddies of mine went riding late this spring and went up this hill (500' maybe they said) but it was rock hard and there was NO run out at the bottom just a bunch of trees, well the one guy thought DARN or something like that and got the brain wave to put his RMK 800 Elec reverse in Reverse at the top and just pushed the sled over the edge. As he was going down he said he just gave it gas and he said he was almost able to come to a stop. The 3 other guys 1 Polaris 1 Ski-doo and a 700mm all had reverse and all tried it as well and they all said works awsome. They did it on a few more hills (mostly for practice) and said its unreal how well it works on all hills unless they are on a fairly good camber. Can't wait to try it myself. I HATE COMING DOWN BIG HILLS!

You're not alone. I HATE COMING DOWN BIG HILLS TOO!!!! I love going up, but that coming back down is over rated.

I would love to do the turbo, SF, but just can't afford it. The NOS is $2500++ cheaper, at least. Now you know why I want you to build me a turbo kit :lol:

By the way according to BoonDocker their kit is good for 40HP.

spray25

I have been talking to both Boon Docker and Greg "Turbo turtle" For about 1 month. The Boon docker guys are morons!!! Greg Is very versed in NOS. The Kit he sells is about 750.00. It's good for 50hp. The only draw back to NOS is the bottle only lasts so long. If you want I will call you and give you the information about it.

email me your number jts7797@aol.com

Back