• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you lose interest in snowmobiling in the off season??

YammyRX1 said:
I remember a great picture a friend had on his fridge of a guy inside a fridge wearing full snowmobile outfit with helmet....just waiting.

Now that's hilarious :jump:

Thanks man, pic taken on one of the best days in the pow so far this season!

Hello, my name is Ding and I am addicted to sleddin. Who says you can't ride on the grass?

I hate the heat of the summer months...I will often sit inside the house and watch snowmobile clips on youtube and read old posts on TY for hours on end.
For the record...the wife hates the TY site. lol

Once sledding stops, the atvs get more use. When the 4-wheelers start to get a little dull, its fly fishing time, then the salmon season opens. Plus there's work.
For the first few weeks without sledding, it feels weird. The interest slowly goes into hibernation like an angry bear. Mid summer, its sleeping away under the surface until salmon season ends and the leaves begin to change. Then as the weather gets colder, the passion wakes up. Always been an all or nothing kinda guy.

Think about it all the time , I'm sitting on the boat lookin at snowmobile mags and drinkin beer and talkin sleds

I loose interest till I see a snowmo mag or my sled in the garage or a picture of anything snow related. Basicly all the time! I think I bleed snow!

I think about snowmobiling 24/7. Going to restore a vintage sled this summer. Plus you got grass drags in May and October also I maintain the counties grooming equipment. Always thinking about snowmobiles.

I used to lose interest until I got into XC racing. Now I find myself on the forums during the summer when there is hardly any activity looking for any snippet of how the new models of any brand are doing during development or any rumors. Fortunately I also have other hobbies that keep me balanced! :)

I never stop thinking of snowmobiling. For me it becomes worse in the summer 90 degree weather you will usually find me tearing apart the sled in the garage.

In our minds there is no off season from sledding,its what makes us tick :jump: .

While I am driving the truck watching the road in the summer I imagine ditch banging while I am looking out the window! I do like the fall with hunting and riding ATV's to clear the snowmobile trails. The first big snow still excites me like it did when I was 10 years old.

I keep my sled in the garage so it never outta sight but I tend to forget a little duting the spring/summer. Up to a couple of years ago I hated summer. Now as I get older I don't wish the time away like I used to. I still get excited for winter but I enjoy the off seasons more now. To me life is too short to wish time away.

Back