• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does Yamaha make their own engines?

Absolutely - they are called Yamaha MOTOR Company. They also make some engines for Toyota & Ford.

Of course they do man, theyre a motor company, not just a sled company, like polaris using some Fuji engines, Skidoo and Rotax, and the most famous, Cat using suzuki.

I heard about the Toyota and ford ones too, and some some high performance racing one too, but never found out which engine exactly it was. Does anyone know?, Itd be neat to find out which vehicle has a yam engine in it.

Yamaha made a v8 or v10 engine for formula 1 racing a few years back.

The engine in volvo xc90 is a yamaha v8.
The only company that could make a v8 small enough to fit.

Yes, the ford taurus ho had a yamaha engine in it ,and there is a lot of yamaha technology in some of the newer toyota engines.

Actually, the Taurus was called an Taurus SHO
The engine was not Yamaha, it was a std. ford 3.8L shortblock.
Yamaha did an excellent job making a set of twin-cam cylinder heads for the motor to breathe

Yamaha has made or helped design the Celica GT and GTs motors and all there new engines as of late. They designed the V6 Tacoma motors and many of there other new motors. Yamaha had said to be one of the biggest engine builders in the world.

POWERHAULIC said:
Actually, the Taurus was called an Taurus SHO
The engine was not Yamaha, it was a std. ford 3.8L shortblock.
Yamaha did an excellent job making a set of twin-cam cylinder heads for the motor to breathe

Really? I thought the complete SHO engine was made by Yamaha. I was a Ford tech for awhile but never saw an SHO come in as the dealership was out in farm country. Mostly farmers F350 flatbeds and their son's ragged out 5.0's.

Back