• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Done all you can and still cold hands? Found some gloves

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
About 5 years ago I frostbite my hands when we were riding in -35 degrees and I didn't have the appropriate gear on :o|

Anyway I foamed my bars, added hand guards, and I use rocks controller which works great I can actually feel heat in them now, however my hands still got cold and I think I found my issue, my gloves SUCK! They are yamaha leather gloves and I thought they would be nice for the money but they are not. So I found some that I think are the shizzz:

http://www.paragonsports.com/webapp/wcs ... paign=2570

They are gore Tex 2 in 1 which is a sweet technology where there are two chambers you can put your hands in a "grip" chamber which is very thin on the palm and bottom of fingers, then a "warm" chamber which add insulation around your entire hand. They are waterproof and windproof which leather is NOT. Lastly there is a pocket on the top of the glove for a heat packet! So thin on bottom, thick around the top of the hand with a heat packet insert I should be toasty.

I plan on using the 'grip' chamber and with rocks controller making the bars like curling irons and the heat is actually able to get through to my fingers my hands actually got burnt sitting in the garage with the sled idling! I cant wait to get a trail test if we get some snow and I'll report back.

Hope this helps some cold hands people!

The handlebar muffs are a must for me in minus temps, I have tried FXR/Yamaha expensive gloves with the hand grip heaters on high but my hands still got cold. I should mention that I have a low profile windshield as you can see in my avatar.

Snowmobile Gloves I find you get what you pay for, handle bar muffs make a huge difference in the cold.

With Rock's kit I think I could wear a set of mechanics gloves riding my Nytro!

Not sure if this is of much use to anybody but I do not run my grip warmers any higher than necessary because then my hands sweat = wet gloves. I always have two or three pairs and will switch to the second pair on a long day. I wear big gauntlet mitts over pretty ordinary winter work gloves (five dollars on sale at Canadian Tire).

Awesome bump of a 9 year old thread LOL As a update I am STILL using these gloves and never had cold hands in the last 9 years. That said my bar warmers are wired for heat, or I use yamaheater depending on what sled I am on. I have never had to use the heat packets in the gloves and find my hands in the heat chamber vs the grip chamber like I thought I would use more. I find I needed more insulation of vibrations vs when I used the grip chamber. I see the gloves are no longer made bummer!

Back