• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo fuel can on xtx

2011 XTX with Doo Fuel Caddy

Here is a pic of my 2011 XTX with a doo fuel caddy installed. Was pretty easy to install. I had to get rid of the tail light and installed a low pro LED tail light and exhaust turn out. Works awesome and looks pretty good too.

Attachments

• 408100_2660474663856_1015591292_32895006_387781836_n.jpg
    408100_2660474663856_1015591292_32895006_387781836_n.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 569
Filks said:
Little off topic, but where did you score that small windshield on your sled?

That's the same windshield that can be found on a 2008 Fx Nytro RTX. They only had these for one year. Some people sell their used ones because they want something bigger. I know I did.

Ya I hear ya - looks cool though! Thanks for the info. Tank on the back of the sled looks cool too. Does the turn out keep enough heat off the tank? I thought I read of a few guys that melted theirs.

You can order the low profile chrome windshield from any yamaha dealer. The exhaust turn out keeps all the heat away form the can. I put over 230 km one day and it didn't get hot at all. I can see it getting hot if you didnt have the turn out.

it gets hot if you do like 100mph for miles on end too.(with the turn out)
its the HOT setup. lol.

do a undertunnel...add a fuel can and a bag and keep your tailllight. huge weight savings ditching stock can.honestly...its like a honda civic muffler under there.

Brp fuel caddy

I noticed you don't have a turnout
I just had the same set up but put a turnout and heat foil near the turnout
I also noticed I have to tighten the. Strap to the last notch...do you?

Yes that picture was taken before the turnout was put on, and yes I did put on some heat tape just in case but it works just fine.

Back