• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Down about my sled....

Go back and watch Kachess's kid ride his modded rx in the vids they posted he weighs a buck 20 and can make that thing dance. If you follow Kachess's mod plan you'll be amazed what that sled will do. Basically what you've got now is a stock rx1 with a bad setup/skid. If you are commited to the 4 stroke it'll work. If you are going to sell and you are having that much trouble tossing around the sled take a serious look at a 151 Rev it might be more what you are looking for.

PS stay far far away from the 900 RMK

You got to have something wrong with the setup. Here is another video of riding a few weeks ago. Not great footage but it has some of our new guy (No 5) riding his new sled. He's ready to mod one for his 13 year old son. If you are handling "heavy" somethings wrong. These sleds sidehill like none these guys have ever riden. The deeper the powder the more fun they are to ride.

http://media.putfile.com/Kachess-11-28-06

Rx1M5 said:
If you are going to sell and you are having that much trouble tossing around the sled take a serious look at a 151 Rev it might be more what you are looking for.

What....Huh? Obviously a guy who doesn't have long term experience with a properly setup 900 RMK (1800+ miles with no problems). The problems with the RMK 900 were over exagerated and IMHO stemmed from piss-poor dearler prep. None of the 900s that left my dealer have had problems beyond the belt issue (wife's hasn't eaten one since 360 mile mark). The fact is my RX-1 is now a 162" just to make it an even runner with the wife's 900. My SC install was the final nail in the coffin to make sure the wife never did beat me at climbing.

As for the REV; they handle like $hit compaired to the IQ Polaris chassis. This is based off multiple days of renting each sled before I bought my wife her new 900 RMK in '05.

I agree with everyone else though. That rear skid is making your RX-1 trench in the soft pow. Look at your sled vs. the turbo in the one picture. Your sled is sitting about 6" higher in the rear from looking at his cut off flap vs. your stock slap and their position relative to the track where it turns up at the rear idlers. My RX-1 mnt with my modded FRA doesn't ride as high as your sled but it still sucked in deep powder last year (dropped it to the top hole this season).

I also agree that those bars need raised and pivoted forward. You don't have to do the rider forward to make the RX-1 easier to toss around; just get them up in the air to add leverage since you're a light weight rider. Even me; an agressive guy (20+ yrs of mtn riding) at 5' 7" 280 fully geared would have a problem riding your sled with those bars. If you're taller than me @ 150 fully geared; you need to go taller and forward with the bars (look at my Fly Racing bars).

As Boondock has said; if you go to a 2-stroke; stay away from the M1000. Your getting another heavy sled with more power. The Dragons are doing awesome from reports and Boondockers/Brad Story are working on Turbos for these sleds. The M8 should be a good sled also but IMHO (and many others) you can't beat the IQ Polaris for handeling.

Jim

Attachments

• RX-1mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    RX-1mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 92
BlgsRX-1mtn said:
Rx1M5 said:
If you are going to sell and you are having that much trouble tossing around the sled take a serious look at a 151 Rev it might be more what you are looking for.

As for the REV; they handle like $hit compaired to the IQ Polaris chassis. This is based off multiple days of renting each sled before I bought my wife her new 900 RMK in '05.

Jim

Everyone has opinions.....I've seen the 900's RMK's rip on mt baker but not sure about handling.

I have however, spent some time on a new Rev 800 it and is a great handling sled. Easy to lay over, actually feels similar in balance to the RX1 (tippy in a good way) but you can feel it is lighter and easier to throw around. I wish it had the slow & low rideability of the 4 stroke motor though.
Rt

Have you spent anytime setting up the rear ends Shaun?

I think your rides much better than the M7 skid in your brothers. Every sleds rear end and front need to be set up to the rider IMO. I have not really messed with mine yet except dropping the suspension to get pressure of the skis. I have to wait and see how it reacts once I get the new track in before I mess with it some more.

Do you have different holes on the drop brackets you could put it in? Limiter straps? Springs? Never really looked at your guys sled to close. Next time I had out that way if you still have them I can check.....

Kurtis, Chad set mine up and went on a test ride with me and it has been running great.

My ekholm trenches no less than my RX1 with the M7 skid.

Trey, He moved the skid to the forward bolt holes and low and behold, nothing changed.

yes i have messed with the rear end. i have done all adjustments i could to it. I dont have drop brackets on the ekholm. it hooks onto the tunnel. Limiter straps and springs have been adjusted constantly to try to fix it.

The ekholm is an awesome suspension. i love it. The only thing i dont like is the price.

I hate the feeling of a rev. The only sleds that feel right are M chassis and RMK's. The RMK felt so good. VERY easy to maneuver and went anywhere i told it to with ease. I just cant find a 900 166 anywhere

Polaris must have discontinued the 900 RMK because it was such a great sled that it wasn't fair to the competition. My friend the local Polaris dealer won't even own one. If you get a case of motor mounts with it maybe it'd be a good deal. Nice thing about those sleds is the constant foot masage coming through the running boards. JMO and yes I've ridden it.

Rx1M5

These things are so fun to ride in the deep powder. I'm not the type of rider that even tries to highmark people, I would rather carve in the deep powder and sidehill. In my sled's current setup it does those 2 things perfectly. I can barely lean to one side and the thing falls over - I love it! My ONLY problem is my ability to control it on a tracked up sidehill when I am trying to go at an angle up it. I wish I had a picture of the situation of a couple days ago because it is hard to describe. I'm pretty strong for my size (5'9" 156 lb) but maybe it is just a lack of confidence that I can't pull it over in a situation like the one described above. Kurtis is a crazy good rider and he finally got it up (Thanks!). I dont know, its a combination of a lack of confidence on a tracked sidehill and something else - not really sure what.I will post a pic of my sled and just looking at it you guys tell me what you think. Also, I am quite interested in the rider forward. What are the costs and labor involved?

Thanks guys.

Don't know then. I think they both trench but they both have the attack 20 in HC also. I know you both lose a lot of rpms in the deep powder. When you point it up a steep and deep slope with no tracks it looses a lot of rpms.

Riser would help. One that you can roll forward would be even better. I wouldn't put the rider forward post in. The fit and finish isn't that great and it looks like a hack job IMO. I have also ridden one with the ridder forward. It feels nice but not worth the pain IMO. Riser and stuff will only take you so far, but every little bit helps.

Not sure what else you guys could do.... Light weight stuff and work out?

I'm with you guys on not seeing these sleds running with 800-1000cc sleds without a lot of work as in lightweight parts and real good clutching. Although I haven't been around many rx-1's....

Here are couple pics for those who haven't seen it.

Kachess - Nice video. I can pull my sled around just as easy as in the video when the powder is nice like that. I think its more a of a lack of confidence than anything.

Attachments

• IMG_70261.jpg
    IMG_70261.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_70281.jpg
    IMG_70281.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_70301.jpg
    IMG_70301.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 89
Southfork Sooner said:
These things are so fun to ride in the deep powder. I'm not the type of rider that even tries to highmark people, I would rather carve in the deep powder and sidehill. In my sled's current setup it does those 2 things perfectly. I can barely lean to one side and the thing falls over - I love it! My ONLY problem is my ability to control it on a tracked up sidehill when I am trying to go at an angle up it. I wish I had a picture of the situation of a couple days ago because it is hard to describe. I'm pretty strong for my size (5'9" 156 lb) but maybe it is just a lack of confidence that I can't pull it over in a situation like the one described above. Kurtis is a crazy good rider and he finally got it up (Thanks!). I dont know, its a combination of a lack of confidence on a tracked sidehill and something else - not really sure what.I will post a pic of my sled and just looking at it you guys tell me what you think. Also, I am quite interested in the rider forward. What are the costs and labor involved?

Thanks guys.

I agree with Boondock on the rider forward mod. The steering post is still mounted to the same hoop ahead of the fuel tank (it's just the other side of the hoop). IMHO this still places the force you apply at the bars to the same place on the chassis.

Your sled definately needs taller bars pivoted forward. Mine will side hill as easy as any other sled I have ridden out there. With the bars up taller it's easier to hold it there when hitting trenches from other sleds due to the extra leverage. Concider it the same as lifting a wheel barrow full of cement with 1' long handles vs. 2' long handles. The further away from the ceneter of gravity you apply the force; the less effort you need to balance it.

It seems both sleds need to have some clutching changes also. I would take some weight out of the primary first. Then I'd add a shockwave adjustable helix to control the RPMs for the various conditions.

Also those attack 20 tracks in the HC position suck for powder conditions. The cupped paddles cause the sled to trench worse than any other track out there. This is the reason AC added the Challenger track option for M-7s last season.

Jim

the paddles on my attack 20 straightened out after so many miles on it. They are all straight now. no bends at all.

whitee said:
There is 3 ekholm skids on Snowest for sale they wouldnt be for sale If they worked IMO.

So using your logic, all the Supercharged and Turbo RX-1's on snowest for sale dont work. All the m8's and m10's for sale dont work, all the ski doo summits dont work, and the numerous suspensions and shocks just dont work because they are for sale....

Back