• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

bbtwins said:
Turk. To have a guy like you who takes time out of his day to post regularly for the guys who don't know much about clutching is an asset to the forum.

....ABSOLUTELY

There is a Very Good Reason Mike is a TECH ADVISER......He is the Best or one of the best Clutch Guys on TY Bar none. If you ever get the chance to sit down and share a few Rums with Mike, bring a note pad as I'll bet my Sled you will learn alot more than you think.... And we do not TAKE KINDLY TO :bash: anyone on this site....This Is TY

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
bbtwins said:
Turk. To have a guy like you who takes time out of his day to post regularly for the guys who don't know much about clutching is an asset to the forum.

....ABSOLUTELY

There is a Very Good Reason Mike is a TECH ADVISER......He is the Best or one of the best Clutch Guys on TY Bar none. If you ever get the chance to sit down and share a few Rums with Mike, bring a note pad as I'll bet my Sled you will learn alot more than you think.... And we do not TAKE KINDLY TO :bash: anyone on this site....This Is TY

I think your a little off...he's not one of the best tuners on the forum...

He's one of the best yamaha clutch tuners in the world !

AWWW Group Hug!!! See, isn't this fun!

Why yo guys trying to make the d&f work...go with the 40-10. they work better! How do you like that response Turk! LOL....just kidding...so who is this big twin?????? Has he ever used a set or is he just talking...that wouldn't be Doug!

I guess it won't, hey, but the Sandy Bay is going to give my sled back tomorrow LOL..... I always thought that stock setup with a straight 43 would work...somebody out there who still has a sled should try it and get back to everyone..." don't knock it till you try it" Oh ya, and definitely d&f are the best way to go.

Just got back from northern wis, southern UP ride the last 4 days. Thanks to TURK i was able to win some races. I put the Drag n Flys on and used his setup and boy was he spot on. Sittin on Lake Gogebic had some sxr 700 pull up couple polaris 700s and a viper and i think 1 ski doo 600. Got the holeshot and beat everyone besides my buddies Supercharged Nytro. very impressed with the DRAG N FLY!!!

thanks turk for your advise on set up for my nitro. Just wanted to comment on when I took apart my primary I noticed what I thought excessive wear to my cover and it appeared to be caused by coil bind. Also alot of paint worn from the spring and even wear on spring where it was rubbing on the cover.This maybe is just a bad spring but anyway I found a spring from EPI with as close to the same start and finish as I could find 175/380 but without the excessive length.Pretty much same length as stock, alot easier to work on.Used your set-up as astart but had to change a bit as engament was too low and had over rev 9170. Took 1 washer off shoulder and added 1bolt in tip brought engagement up and lowered peak 3400/8870 works pretty good. Went to a radar run last week and ran 79.9 mph in 660' with stock secondary setting 82 mph @ 70 degrees and 83.9 mph @60 good enough to tie for first .

Turk a question about putting shims in the primary they incease the preload right ? So in essence I could probably match or at least raise the start, but will it affect the finnish?

That is normal. hc springs don,t coil bind. I got my best performance on a nytro with that spring. Do you know what coil binding actually is?
Shims only affect engagement.

Well the primary spring may be no good that I have from HC for two reasons:
1 The first two coils are worn into each other on both ends
2 If you put the spring on a flat surface it leans out 1/4 of an inch on one end flip it over and there is 1/2

d-flys

hammer i see what you mean if on flat surface mine is 1/8 off but just put the weight of your hand it goes strsight, i ,m not big on the white spring i run 911 cover and you can see some wear.

Coil binding is the spring not fully compressing under load. What you will see is rpm,s not changing no matter how many grams you install in the primary weights.
What your seeing is normal.

I modded my rx-1 air box and jetted up to 170's. Turk never seen the sled at all, he asked a few questions on revs and set up which was stock. He sent me the parts in the mail and was ready to spoon feed me on the phone to help with the installation. I installed the parts he sent took the sled out and it was as if I had bought a new sled. The sled was finally taking advantage and using the extra power it was making and started beating and keeping up to guys who were handing me my behind earlier. To also note Turk nailed and I mean nailed exactly the clutching for my set up with PM's so show the man some respect he knows what he is talking about he is a clutching guru. Best mod I have made yet in real world riding power and top end. Thanks again Turk! ;)! ;)!

Back