• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

Read your directions. they have a picture with the names of the holes. i name the holes exactly as they are outlined in the instructions to avoid confusion. this is also peliminary test & weight may be added in the centre or overdrive later as stated in my previous post.

Did anyone weigh the 1/2" Allen screw? I'm assuming it's about 2 gr.???

he's talking about some allen set screws..

here's something to consider....since the o.d. hole is a mass adder to both the tip and center....keep in mind you are affecting both...since the weight is like a see-saw on the stationary pin...the weight which opposes the o.d. is the heel..the heel obviously having the greatest affect on engagement to 50% shift out and the o.d. having affect from the 50% shift out on..so for example if the heel is empty and the o.d is loaded it would have much more affect at mid and tip weight than if the heel weighted opposing it..
therefore guys like you andy...should try unloading the heel to see the affect on your mid to top pull/rpm's

I tried the nytro with minimal heel weight & od loaded. Even tho it hit target rpm,s it was by far the slowest set up I tested et & top speed wise.

Mike....we could end this lively conversation if you'd just get your hands on a pc3'd/ign. moduled and excelled apex and work your magic...

So is with what is being said here it appears that the OD hole is nothing more than a gimmick if weights are being loaded without anything in there. Is that a fair statement?

It gives you the option of adding more mass if needed plus it seems to help any mid-range overrev &/or belt slipping.

Turk said:
It gives you the option of adding more mass if needed plus it seems to help any mid-range overrev &/or belt slipping.
So turk,do they work as advertised,can they out perform stock weights in the apex,for top speed?

Back