• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

well this makes sense.....the most important part of these weights is traction boys...no traction and your precious gains (at least on the bottom) are a waste ...unless you never intend on running studs...then one would clutch differently in my opinion...
I for one have tried the setup....and I have one that is way better ...unbelievable...but this time I will prefer to keep this one setup to myself....even with 162 studs...I still want more traction!

SledFreak said:
Sweet, what other mods do you have done?

CR10's and a 23T top gear. Before I add anymore power, I want to extend it to 136". With the transfer rod to max and feathering it out of the hole, my buddies studded 900 would pull 3 sleds on me. Took me till 70mph before I could run him down.

sj said:
well this makes sense.....the most important part of these weights is traction boys...no traction and your precious gains (at least on the bottom) are a waste ...unless you never intend on running studs...then one would clutch differently in my opinion...
I for one have tried the setup....and I have one that is way better ...unbelievable...but this time I will prefer to keep this one setup to myself....even with 162 studs...I still want more traction!

Before I look into studs I want to ditch the ripsaw track. Looking to go 136" with a cobra track.

Where do I get the white spring? Parts guy did not see it listed???? :4STroke:

Adjusted the transfer rod, seems to help with the spinning some. Next up, limiter strap Chapter 13 lol seems like I will never get this dialed in!! Just kidding I am close. Ohhhhhh and I will be able to do a top end run in about an hour so if I like that it stays any ways!!

Ohhhhh I think I have the traction now!!!! Maybe too much now!!! Amazing what a little turn of that control rod does!!!

Now back to the drawing board to adjust the limiter strap and front fox floats........ Time to use the search feature!!!

For what ever reason, my limiter strap is what looks like all the way tight. 2 sources so far say let it out????

pistol said:
any new findings out there after this past weekend?

Nope, only rode 4 miles before my sled broke down saturday. Drive shaft bearing blew out and took out the speedo sensor. Got the parts this morning and got it back together this afternoon. While I was in wrenching mood, I did the a-arm bushings I had been putting off. So hopefully get back to playing with it after work tomorrow!

I am thinking of getting the drag n' flys'. I have a 07Attak stock. Does this Scott you guys are talking about sell them or just help with the tuning? I see his is from Canada, so if he sells them how much and what is the wait time having to go through customs and all?

tryanATTAK said:
I am thinking of getting the drag n' flys'. I have a 07Attak stock. Does this Scott you guys are talking about sell them or just help with the tuning? I see his is from Canada, so if he sells them how much and what is the wait time having to go through customs and all?

Hi it's Scott here. Yes I live in Canada but I can ship out of Canada or the USA. I have stock in both locations. PM or e-mail me for details.
Thanks
Scott

650 miles and counting so far this week in Maine. Sled has been nothing short of amazing in a straight line. Now if I could just get the damn thing to stop pushing in the turns.

Thanks ro Turk, he helped me with a setup that works well.
I personally, don't like the high engagement of the white primary spring.
I tried the black that comes w/the kit, and it is only marginally better on engagement.
Randy sets these things up for MAX track horsepower, which as we all know, isn't always the best answer on the trail.
If you can hook up, it's a great arm with a bunch of adjustability.

Back