• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drips more OIL than a Harley

Snoxracer242

Expert
Why is this thing leaking oil out the air box, kind of embarrassing when this thing leaks oil onto the floor in my shop. What is causing this, oil level is in the middle of the cross hatches, so it is not over full. Where is the breather line coming from that is going to the air box? Any help of information would be great.

Thanks,

Dustin

There is a breathr hose that runs from your oil rez to your air box...have you rolled or tipped your sled over in the last little while??

Or, you've tipped it on its side.

As you know the oil tank vent line goes into the air box. If you tip the sled (particularly to the left) oil will run into the air box and then out through the bottom ports.

It’s time to pop the filter element out, give it a bath and wipe out the air box.

Arteeex is correct...Clean it out and that will atleast make it easier to see where the oils coming from...

Snoxracer242 said:
Why is this thing leaking oil out the air box, kind of embarrassing when this thing leaks oil onto the floor in my shop. What is causing this, oil level is in the middle of the cross hatches, so it is not over full. Where is the breather line coming from that is going to the air box? Any help of information would be great.

Thanks,

Dustin

ditto upei...willing to bet you have rolled your sled over and it stayed there for a while....

No I have not rolled it over, not had it on its side, it is not over full of oil.

Just some drift busting, could all the bucking of the drifts cause it to slosh around and up to the vent? Just seems like quit a bit of oil that has come out of it to cause it to drip on the floor. And the machine only has 3100 miles on it so I would hope it wasn't a blow by issue.

Thanks for the replies!

Dustin

Snoxracer242 said:
No I have not rolled it over, not had it on its side, it is not over full of oil.

Just some drift busting, could all the bucking of the drifts cause it to slosh around and up to the vent? Just seems like quit a bit of oil that has come out of it to cause it to drip on the floor. And the machine only has 3100 miles on it so I would hope it wasn't a blow by issue.

Thanks for the replies!

Dustin

yup......mine did it one when i hit a many miles section of giants whoops.....oil dump.

btw..........congrats on driving the snot out of your sled. :die ;)!

Though I read somewhere that, if you have your oil topped right off, there is a possibility on big bumps/jumps the suction from the airbox could grab some oil. Maybe run the oil level in the middle of the marks or at the bottom?

yup......mine did it one when i hit a many miles section of giants whoops.....oil dump.

btw..........congrats on driving the snot out of your sled. :die ;)![/quote]

Thank You! I love blasting the drifts and pounding it to the max!

My 08 same problem with only 830 miles. Damn motor better not be worn. I did alot of drift busting as well. Oil level is right on. And you can see it came from the breather. No worries there. There is a thread on here somewhere for the fix. Besides always wanted a Harley guess i got one now! lol

Back