• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Early season trail ride in Michigan..a little consideration.

Superman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.lakeffectsnow.com
I know there will be some guys wanting to get that first ride this weekend around the state and I think that's great. But if you think about it try not to rip the snot out of the trails nailing the throttle warp factor 10 all the time. In Gaylord We got a nice shot of some really good heavy system snow and We are hopefully expecting some Lake effect this weekend. If We ride a little bit like grandpa this next week or so maybe we can pack a good base on these trails instead of blowing it all off the trail. Besides its not like conditions are that great to ride with your hair on fire anyway. Its not for Me I bring this up because I don't ride the trails much by My home. But alot of people from all over the mid-west do come here and I do feel bad when I see the trails have the crap beat out of them. The groomers need some base to work with and maybe this will help speed up the process, weather permiting. Have fun and ride safe.

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

Agreed. I will ride, but I take it very easy to allow a base to form. I am hoping the groomers will start tonight.

I rode alittle between grayling, starvation lake and fredric on saturday. from what i saw a lot of people were beating blue bear up pretty well, but the 2 tracks were nice for a slow cruise. It was nice to dail in the nos on howells lake rd. ;)! hopefully this is the start to a descent season

Trails in U.P. Mich open Dec 1. However, according to the weather guys, the UP snow may be a bit light yet. Also, north of Newberry, there typically is a section of the Northwest trail closed until Dec 15. It seems that the landowner hunts Deer with a Muzzleloader until Dec 15. Also, it looks like the "Yuppers" are not posting reports unitl they have enough snow.

Click here for MI Trail Reports

Trails in Western MI are now thoroughly trashed & thrashed. Dirt roads are still excellent. But you got to know your way around to get anyplace. We got 4 more inches today and have about 12 sitting on the ground. Best of all, the ground is frozen and there is a bit of Ice on top of it. So the snow is not melting. Racked up a little over 240 Miles this weekend.

Gotta cross your fingers but so far things are looking great. Got at least another 4-5 inches of lake effect over the weekend. and we have a 70% chance for tomorrow. Its starting to add up.

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

Dec 15th for NY state, You guys really Suck! by the time the 15th rolls around here, the snow will be gone. Hope you all are havin a blast!!!

WNY Trails

[Dec 15th for NY state, You guys really Suck! by the time the 15th rolls around here, the snow will be gone. Hope you all are havin a blast!!!]

Better Check websites some trails do not open untill the 21st. Better check your local clubs not sure where you ride but these are the ones in my area. I would hate to see you get a ticket becuase one club opens early and another a week later.

http://www.coldentrails.com/events.html

http://www.snorascals.com/main.html

http://snosurfers.objectis.net/

Looks like the snow is here to stay in the UP! They actually closed I-75, US-2, and M-123 (All roads leading into the UP from the Mackinac Bridge) yesterday for poor visability. I already saw one set of sled tracks beating down through the ditches. Let the sleddin' season begin! :Rockon:

now that i purchased the RTX, it'll be 75 and sunny for the rest of the winter, and rain again come april..... hopefully, mother nature wants to be nice to us NY folk this year..... pacing the floor... god i wanna ride this thing!

I can respect that Chris ;)!

Well I can only report the conditions around the yard. I beat the snot out of the lawn - forgot how much fun these things are, even in the backyard. Unfortunately, I'm down for pre-season prep and repairs and unable to comment, except that the City of Sault Ste. Marie has failed to unlock the chain blocking my "legal" enterance to the trail system.

My garage is my trailer ;)

It's definitely comming though.

Back