• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Easy way to drain oil

Here you go. I have a accessory skid plate which I modded to make getting to access plate easy. Still same 4 screws.
View attachment 117532
When you look up into the hole created by panel removal this is what you see.
View attachment 117533
Dont get any easier than that. MNM Snowbeast this is for you!
View attachment 117534
Thanks brother,now it looks simple like you and many others already stated,sometimes I just have to see the whole thing to get my old mind around some things lol, I noticed you are running doubles backers like I have in the past,and most likely will on this one,are those the 11/2" tall nuts or the extra tall 3/4" and what studs and backers are those,they don't look like woddy's,I have seen some good pricing on Max exstreem studs and backers,i wanted something in the 1.400 range so I decided to go with woody megabites 1.450 144 all on doubles,two plates one row one plate next row,but alternate the standalone double plate from side to side,on each single.

You are welcome. They are Woodys Studs and I think SnoStuff backers. 1.375 on a 8000mi worn track. Work great!

New method for me.
I have been removing the baffled breather housing on top of the dry sump. doing so allows use of a evacuation device to the bottom of the sump.
As to draining engine sump and filter on sleds with a skid plate, I remove the primary clutch for access.
Just thought I'd share

New method for me.
I have been removing the baffled breather housing on top of the dry sump. doing so allows use of a evacuation device to the bottom of the sump.
As to draining engine sump and filter on sleds with a skid plate, I remove the primary clutch for access.
Just thought I'd share
Would you have pictures?

Here's another quick and dirty way to change oil in your viper. I find it works better than the plastic bottle trick. These are little Weber grill drip pans and you can easily form them around all the stuff in your way.

Attachments

• oilchange.jpg
    oilchange.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 89

Back