• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ecp kit on rx1 not running right

Filters as in the K&N's?
That could be. Like I said...It was right when I bought it so I don't remember. But I do know my Helix is from Simmons. The weights are heavy hitters and the carb spings & Jets who knows....and as far as clutch springs...I think those are just Yamaha springs.
I'm not positive though....
All I know is my sled is not running like it used too. I need to go out and start ripping things apart. Think I need exhaust doughnuts, and I really need to get my carbs synced. I have crap for top end as well. Bought a 23 gear and new clutch springs. Hope it helps!

That will help only slightly. Fix the exhaust and get those carbs sync'nd. Mine is the same set up and pulls really well. Hit at 10,2 and climbs to 10,5. I too think mine is going to need some exhaust attention in the summer

mine is hitting at 10,300-10,400 and if really hard pack I'm seeing 10,600-10,700. Seems to like that the best. Still pulls pretty good, but she's not what she used to be. Then again, that was 6000 miles ago...

goldbergrx1 said:
Mikey said:
I wouldnt run A RX-1 without one Mine flat out rocks. And there was noticeable gains. It had to be clutched to work tho otherwise I was driving thru the clutching.

I would like to see some proof of your 3/1 goldbergrx1 .... for every one that works there are three that dont sounds alot like you are talking smack with no proof to back it.

I dont see three posts about the kit not performing I see three posts about improper installs one being A lost o-ring one being the wrong jet. The third was about A mechanic not wanting to go inside the carbs cause they will never run right well we all know thats A pile.

All I see coming from you goldbergrx1 is exaggerations and no proof to back up your statements.

From what I see is four people who are very happy with their kits and 1 not and thats you. The way I count it thats 4/1 in favor of the kit
look, all you need to do is read back severall pages and realize that the ecp kit is very incosistent.......i have nothing to gain or lose by telling people that system is or isnt all that.......the work i have done now is consistent and there is never any issue what soever..........ecp (freddie) is not a snowmobile guy. trust me, i had brought him other work to do and let me just say it wasnt up to par.....people who are mechanically inclined will make the system work, however, there are people out there that arent and the ecp kit becomes a costant headache for them.....just read back the pages and you will see how many different people are being told to use different jet sizes for the same application

It's not the ECP filter kit that is inconsistent, it's the carb setups and clutch setups that vary from sled to sled. I have ran the same ECP filter kit in both my RX-1s with success, with clutching and carb setup up to par. If you expect big gains in top end speed, the 5 extra HP will not do much for you, the accel and throttle response is where you will see the largest gains. If you hope for higher top end speeds you will need forced air induction aka turbo or SC.

SNOWDOG said:
mine is hitting at 10,300-10,400 and if really hard pack I'm seeing 10,600-10,700. Seems to like that the best. Still pulls pretty good, but she's not what she used to be. Then again, that was 6000 miles ago...

Time to replace the primary and secondary springs in your clutches, they are probably sacked by now due to the mileage you have on your sled :) A drop in rpms will occur and it will start to feel sluggish.

rxrider said:
SNOWDOG said:

Time to replace the primary and secondary springs in your clutches, they are probably sacked by now due to the mileage you have on your sled :) A drop in rpms will occur and it will start to feel sluggish.

I have them. It was feeling slugish in comparison to how it was when I first put the kit in. I do plan on replacing them tomorrow and hopefully get one more ride in up north. I also plan on checking the doughnuts as I think they are bad. Ripped the carbs off again last night and went over them and I am still backfiring coming off high RPM's. :o|

Lean or rich condition causing this?

A WBO2 would have been nice to verify. If you install one, you will have one gauge less to invest in when you go turbo or SC :) LOL.

Back