• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECU Compatibility?

Fanderson

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer Mountain Lite
I have a 2007 Mtn Lite and am in need of a new ECU. I see there is a part number difference in the "mountain" phazer models vs others. Can anyone tell me if an 8GC-10 ECU (non-mountain) will work for my sled? I can't find a reasonably priced 8GP-10 (mountain) ECU anywhere. Thanks!

Personally, I can't see why it wouldn't work or what the difference is. Maybe a different power band because of the longer track or gearing? Even my MP uses the same ECU as the Phazers. The only difference is with -00 and -10 where the -10 is the updated one for cold starting.

Just the speedo calibration is different, putting a short track ecu on a MTX/XTX will throw the speedo even further off. Instead of reading 7-8% fast it will be reading 18-20% fast.

That might be it. Does the MTX use a different cog? Track length has no bearing on speedo.

Then that's likely the difference on the dream-o-meter. I'd take an ECU from a shorty for the sake of getting the sled running and price. I'd use a GPS for any kind of accuracy.

Then that's likely the difference on the dream-o-meter. I'd take an ECU from a shorty for the sake of getting the sled running and price. I'd use a GPS for any kind of accuracy.
I should toss in an ECU out of a short track, bet I could hit 100mph! have seen 92 on the speedo of my MTX (84gps)

So are all of the ECU compatible across all years of the phazers?
The only change that I can see is 2010 changed the way the low oil pressure system works, not sure if there is an extra/different sensor for the system.

It could just be a display thing on the pod, basically working along with the low oil pressure light, rather than a change in the ECU programming. My wild hunch says it might work.

I think it's a definite "don't know".

I have a 2007 Mtn Lite and am in need of a new ECU. I see there is a part number difference in the "mountain" phazer models vs others. Can anyone tell me if an 8GC-10 ECU (non-mountain) will work for my sled? I can't find a reasonably priced 8GP-10 (mountain) ECU anywhere. Thanks!

Any else tried this?

Last edited:
More than likely it will work but your speedo will be off. I think that's why it has a different part number because the MTX has smaller drive sprockets.

They are all interchangeable to at least run the engine. Not sure if things like reverse or Speedo are effective. My 07 is original ecu and has been used as test ecu in almost every configuration they made. Always at least got them running.

Back