• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EFI sled, carb'd motor, can o' worms - HELP NEEDED

Yes they are designed to run so you don't have to work on them. as far as what has to come off for annual service it is good to get in there that far once every 5 years anyways. you see the oil filter is scheduled to be changed at about the same time as the battery after the first 500 mile change. I change my filter every other year just because but if you look at the manual it say to change the filter at like 12000 miles. When you only need to do it in the off season either way its not as big a deal.

The goal is to wrap this project up within the next couple of days and although it is 90 degrees outside, rumor on the street is there is still enough snow on top of the hill to get a shakedown run in...

Last on the list is check the chain case oil, mount the battery, get the clutch set up and put all the plastics back on;)!
Wish me luck, hoping to squeeze in a ride on the 3rd or 4th to check this thing out!!! :sled1:

Well we sent out a scout yesterday to take a look at the mountain and unfortunately snow has receded up to the summit and is inaccessible so it looks like around the yard in the dirt is the only plan for 'shake down' until the snow flies this winter... :letsnow:

So, this thing is a ROCKET compared to what I'm used to!
Does anyone know how quickly the 'overheated ' light should come on? I ran it for about 10 minutes and got the indicator, outside temp was about 85.... I'm wondering if it's just because there's no snow on the cooling fins...
Thoughts?

So, this thing is a ROCKET compared to what I'm used to!
Does anyone know how quickly the 'overheated ' light should come on? I ran it for about 10 minutes and got the indicator, outside temp was about 85.... I'm wondering if it's just because there's no snow on the cooling fins...
Thoughts?
sounds about right on a hot day and no snow on the exchangers. was it just idling or did you ride it?

It got hot idling but there was some air in the coolant lines we got burped out (at least I'm fairly certain) Seemed to idle fine and not get hot after that. I made a couple of short passes (100 yds or so) and it came back on...

there should be a bleed vent in the rear crossover tube behind the seat under the tunnel. raise the rear of the sled higher then the rest of the sled and bleed air out there. these sleds will idle as much as 20 mins on a decent day from a cold start. lots of factors go into that too. just be sure you got the air out and are running 50/50 mix.

Really cool thread! Congrats on getting this done....nice looking sled. I picked up an 07 Attak in July, and can't wait to ride it this winter.

The season is changing! Can't wait to hit the snow and Brraaaapppp:letsnow:

Back