• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electrical issue

Lashcat

Pro
I finally got around to getting the Phazer in the garage. Charged the battery put the key in tried to start it and nothing. I am getting no lights or anything. I am leaning towards the 40 Amp main fuse. I have voltage at the switch. I have yet to be able to ID the fuse. According to the parts manual it should split off near the fuse box. No so in my case.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I know this may sound stupid but is the stop/kill button pulled up?

Update: I went back out into the garage and started checking things again. I located the main fuse, it checked good. I had tucked it behind some wiring when I installed the SC.

While I was checking things I left the key in the run position while I was just looking at it the lights came on the went off then came back on. I was not touching anything so I did not get a clue as to if it is a wiring issue. Then it stopped and I can not get it to do it again.

Does the computer have a voltage disconnect? If the battery drops too low it will not work at all? I am charging up my booster now. Once it is charged I will give it a shot.

Lashcat said:
Update: I went back out into the garage and started checking things again. I located the main fuse, it checked good. I had tucked it behind some wiring when I installed the SC.

While I was checking things I left the key in the run position while I was just looking at it the lights came on the went off then came back on. I was not touching anything so I did not get a clue as to if it is a wiring issue. Then it stopped and I can not get it to do it again.

Does the computer have a voltage disconnect? If the battery drops too low it will not work at all? I am charging up my booster now. Once it is charged I will give it a shot.

Not that I know of. Any error codes appear while the screen turned on?

Might very well just be the battery.

I did not see any codes. I agree I think it may be a bad battery. I have a charger but now way to test a battery. I am going to swing by the parts store today and grab a battery. If that is not the problem I have plenty of other things I can use the battery for.

There is a known issue with ground wire on Phazer. Track black wires to a connection point on the Phazer near the steering column and check it. I believe there is a service bulletin on it...anybody have that link?

I had a suddenly completely dead sled from the fail-prone ground block in front of the oil tank. It is wrapped and not obvious. there is an update, but I was out of date. Yamaha has a $25 kit to fix this. I cleaned it up, soldered a decent wire onto it and ran straight to the battery ground post. No more problem.

I will look for the ground block. Thanks

I called my local dealer and I am going to drop it off for the connector. I would like to get it going, I am not looking forward to dragging a dead sled up on the trailer.

Back