• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electrical problem

Mystère et boule de gomme! :D

I wonder if it's something with either the cam or crank sensor or the ignition pickup on the stator? It might short out only once it's hot?

Try starting it cold, let it warm up a little and, before it gets hot and shuts down, pull and tug at wires. Maybe as it warms up, a connection somewhere is flaky enough to affect it.

Another possibility is the fuel pump is dying and is not able to provide enough pressure the more it's working. Just because you hear the pump doesn't mean it's working well. Also the fuel pressure regulator might be letting off pressure. A fuel pressure test should be done when warm and at the point it usually stalls.

Need to confirm if it stops sparking when it happens or it's the fuel.
Its sure that if that problem burn/broke my ecu its a electric problem.

sounding like fuel pump or stator.

Having same problem. Idles fine when cold at around 1500 rpm after 10 mins or so starts to stumble then gradually gets worse then dies. At 1500 rpm voltage off battery is 14+ so tells me stator is charging. As rpm drops to 1300 or so voltage begins to drop to 13.5 or so, makes sense at rpm drop so does power coming from stator. At 1500 if you throttle up voltage gains to 14.25. So stator seems ok??? Swapped fuel pump out of a good runner, same. Coils were slightly out 1.9 ohms and worst secondary reading was 7.49, so put 3 new none OEM in. Plugs were not changed before swap. Air temp sensor changed off good runner as well no change. Dont know where to look next.

ground blocks all good/repaired?

Not yet, next on list to do tonight. Just have to figure out how many, where, and what to do to them??????

Going through every block, all seem good so far. Banging head on this one.

The neverending saga continues. So after checking all the ground blocks and unplugging and checking every connection plug everything back in and turn key....... nothing, starter doesn't even kick, Getting 12v on starter side of solenoid with key in start position but only 3v at post on starter, take lead off post and 12v at end of wire so starter fubar it seems, funny thing is it started right up the night before multiple times. So does it all tie back to solenoid going bad, intermittently shorting and sending power to starter and when starter sticks it draws power causing sled to run rough? I've read other posts where solenoid was cause of issues and experienced a stuck solenoid taking out the starter on a brand new rx-1 I had back in 05. It's a bitch to change starter but I think thats where we are at , new starter new solenoid hopefully it solves the rough running issue when hot????? Hate just to throw parts at something without knowing the root cause.

Sounds like a new starter solenoid is in order. For whats its worth you may want to add a warning light for that solenoid. I made one from a cheap led I bought on Amazon. Just connect to the starter side of the solenoid and ground. Lights up when you start the engine. goes off a moment later. If it stays on you have a problem. Cost me just few dollars

Worst part sled had one but owner never even realized it was there, previous owner install. We had taken it out when trying a different solenoid but by then I think damage had already been done. Solenoid finally #*$&@ the bed, put another on works as 12V on starter side with key in start position but starter doesn't turn, only 3v at starter post, take wire off starter and 12v at end with key in start position.

twiz28 hyjacked this thread and now it's off topic and more than likely not helping the OP. Starter system components and all related problems have been discussed many times so lets get back to Philippe and his request for help diagnosing what's going on with his Nytro....... If he still needs it!

No disrespect Twiz28, just wanted to make sure the OP was getting the proper attention to deal with his Nytro issues.

None taken, but since he and I are dealing with pretty much the same symptoms I'm just relaying what I'm finding.

Back