• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine Overheating Problems - Any Known Resolutions?

Everyone who's had the Mt. Lite on here has raved about it. The "hole in the tunnel" problem only seems to be an issue with certain people. But I hate to say in the light slushy snow that will happen on any sled, it happened enough on my Attak.

As far as the radiator... That might be something to look at. Your friend might want to make sure that's what it is though as far as overheating. I haven't heard of anyone else overheating. Like someone else mentioned Apex's had that problem until they got a better anti-freeze mix.

My Phazer works great no problems. Stock coolant 60/40 and no overheating. I have never had any overheating problems even with a turbo on glare ice running. I think Yamha tested the unit enough to make sure they won't overheat.

If the rad fan is a dc motor (does it run off the battery(dc) or the mag (ac), can't we run it in reverse and blow heat thru the rad to melt the ice build up ?????

SharkAttak said:
i put some stainless steel mesh in front of my radiator, i'm a afraid some foreign object will hit it and then there goes all the anti-freeze, i also drained a quart out of it and add water and water wetter

Guys, I love the steel mesh idea, I think you should cut the bottom half of the panel to fully expose the rad, then line your steel mesh with SLP Prefilter material to prevent snow from building up. This is what I'm leaning towards doing if I still go through with the purchase.

Where did you guys purchase the steel mesh? I looked all over today and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks,
Jon

Lol, I asked if he would ship to Canada, waiting for his response. Auction will have ended by the time he gets back to me now. Thats what I get for sharing :)

-Steve

ecopter said:
Where did you guys purchase the steel mesh? I looked all over today and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks,
Jon

i got my at homedepot, it's the mesh for gutter's 5 large sections for $8.00, comes in a bundle

Leroy said:
BV1 said:
This is just my opinion, but that will do nothing to protect the radiator, or stop the snow and Ice from building up in the radiator. That is aluminum and it is as flimsy as a house screen. Like I said just my opinion. Have a good one.

You're right! Snow will just be even more difficult to clear from there, however if you put prefilter material on that screen, you may get away without any snow buildup in that spot.

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. I think the problem is with the narrow skis. I rode my venture mp through lots of fresh powder today and the wide skis kept the front end up high and very little snow built up on the rad. IMHO

Back