• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine Stalling or Low RPM's at idle when run hard

Monsey

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX DX
I'm curious if this is a normal issue for the 80hp engine.
If I am working the sled hard such as playing in powder, when I come to a stop, the rpms drop right down to 900rpm or so, and if dont feather the throttle prior to hammering it again (to bring the rpm's up slowly) it will stall. I have also had it simply stall on me when I've come to a stop.

My brother bought a Venture Lite, and had the exact same problem, but his was much worse... it would do it while just trail riding.

Any ideas?, and does this happen to anyone else?

Never noticed it but check your belt deflection or for that matter clean the clutches.Belt might be hanging up and causing this.

I was able to help the bog or whatever you want to call it in mine by adjusting the fuel ratio. Since these do not use a oxygen sensor the fuel/air ratio isn't always just right from the factory. I can't remember which wire, but one down by the battery you ground out and then you can go into the settings on your display and adjust it there. Do a search on this site, I found it and I think I leaned mine out a couple numbers and it helped a lot.

im with cannon on this one - check the belt deflection -sounds like the belt is getting trapped

I guess i read it differently than you guys. Definitely check and clean clutches. Mine has had a off-idle hesitation until i adjusted my fuel. Like if you went from low idle to wide open as fast as you could, it would die sometimes or at least sputter to where you let off the throttle before you could go.

I had this exsact smam probelm andgot it fix. 1. you idel ajust screw should be bettween the left a-arms. 2. cheack you throttel free play (that was my problem) basicly should none after back of the lever hits the t.o.r.s sensor and wide open is just shy of hitting the handle bars. You might need to take of the airbox and look at the butterfly valves to look at the free play.

jlparker77 said:
I was able to help the bog or whatever you want to call it in mine by adjusting the fuel ratio. Since these do not use a oxygen sensor the fuel/air ratio isn't always just right from the factory. I can't remember which wire, but one down by the battery you ground out and then you can go into the settings on your display and adjust it there. Do a search on this site, I found it and I think I leaned mine out a couple numbers and it helped a lot.

Does anyone have a link? I've been searching around for an hour now and to no avail.

try this

Attachments

• Phazer Fuel Injection (Medium).jpg
    Phazer Fuel Injection (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 223
Thanks for the suggestions, I do have the air filter inserts installed in my air box lid so I may very well just need to run a bit richer... I will also look into the belt deflection.
Thanks.

Back