• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EVAC drain

Bob Miller said:
steve 05 RX-1 said:
I rode 150 miles and the drain cap was full.Im going to put a longer clear line on it.I also used the factory catch tank along with the evac setup.

There is a factory catch tank? Is this something that has to be drained if you have the stock air box on?

It actually drains into the airbox (which has a small hose draining out of the bottom of it) - but from what I am told, not much will be drained in stock form as the vaccum created on that setup is no where near as strong as that created by the EVAC.

The factory catch tank is the little black plastic tank located in front of the engine on the left side. The factory "EVAC" system consist of a hose which connects the engine crank case to the catch tank. From the catch tank there is a hose that goes to the air box. There is no easy way to drain the factory catch tank.

Red-RX said:
The factory catch tank is the little black plastic tank located in front of the engine on the left side. The factory "EVAC" system consist of a hose which connects the engine crank case to the catch tank. From the catch tank there is a hose that goes to the air box. There is no easy way to drain the factory catch tank.

Good info Red! :Rockon:

Back