• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust question

yo dude 12

Extreme
for the phazer, say i find a quad/crotch rocket exhaust...what cc should i be looking for or doesnt it matter? cause ive heard get a 450 quad pipe, ive heard cbr 600 pipes, and then LRD pro series 4 off a sportsman 500 or something... would a cbr 1000 rs-5 work? cause im only getting an LRD or RS-5 cause people have ran them with no probs, thanks

i think im going with an exhaust made for the phazer... im prob going with the MBRP pipe... any experiances with this guys? or the ultra Q

yo dude 12 said:
i think im going with an exhaust made for the phazer... im prob going with the MBRP pipe... any experiances with this guys? or the ultra Q

loud and 2 for sale on ebay currently

don't do it

do you want to hear the loud pipes close trails rant

Ruckus said:
True. I used a Cobra F1r pipe. Ended up welding in baffles made from 1/2 washers to quiet it down and give it more back pressure. Sounds and works great now. There's a set of 2 for sale on Pittsburgh craigslist for $200.
You can rotate the can and the pipe to satisfy the curve of the original pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFLf5lxu ... re=related

that pipe sounds sweet! i looked it up, even did statewidelist.com and i counldnt find any pipes. and i want something i can bolt on and go, cause the only welder i have acccess too is in shop class, and to be quite frank, its not the best welding machine in the world, and im not weres near a good welder haha i blow. are the MPBR pipes really that loud? they dont seem too too bad, but then again im a 16 year old kid who has a quad that it hurts to listen to omeone else braaap on it close by haha, and man with all due repect, quite your bitchen, obv when your around houses with a loud sled you dont raaap on it

any slip on pipe is fine. try it & if's too loud weld washers like ruckus & i did (copied your idea ruckus) to see if it's any better. still wasn't too my liking on my setup, so mine came off.

otherwise you can put the stocker back on later.

depending how your dnr/police are, you could be asking for a ticket, or worse yet, have the neighbors along the trail complain & close trails.

these turn over 11k rpms, it's not like they're gonna be quiet with a striaight through muffler.

i had a yoshi pipe from a 1000+cc sport bike with no baffle and it was way too loud. also got real hot and turned the pipe yellow and melted the paint on the yoshi emblem. now im runnin a monza muffler from a old 240zx we had cuz the yoshi kept blowing off even when we welded the bolts. dont laugh the monza is a sturdy built muffler and sounds lots better than the yoshi pipe and is still lighter than the factory muffler by a bit of weight. i did it for the weight loss and the sound because i believe it wont make a difference without a tune but i could be wrong too. ill post some pics soon

Shuff said:
Does anyone make a pipe that is lightweight, but still at stock sound level?

Ultra Q is close, but not quite stock quiet... Its still quieter than most stock piped 2 stroke sleds I ride with.

I used a slip on off of an R-1 and it is jaust a bit louder than stock and a lot lighter than stock. You can also use a pipe off of a 600 RR but it is loud.

this is the one off the 600 RR , I lost the pics of the R-1

Attachments

• 30tjgjr phazer.jpg
    30tjgjr phazer.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 75
Found them, scrool through the pics. Click on pic for a bettewr view.

Attachments

• post-36748-1232313248_thumb Phazer pipe.jpg
    post-36748-1232313248_thumb Phazer pipe.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    580.9 KB · Views: 79

Back