• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra fuel storage in nose - Riding with REVs

gas carrying

The ultimate gas caddy.

Attachments

• MVC-014L.JPG
    MVC-014L.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 86

gas carrying

Sorry, don't know how this happened, but accidently got the same post twice. Tried to delete the first one to no avail. This setup works great however, my biggest problem is finding someone to ride crosscountry with who can go the same distance I can. The rack is from a 1979 Enticer 340 and two 5gallon cans fit perfectly giving me 20 gallons in all. By the time I burn all this gas, I usually have had enough and it's time to go home.

Attachments

• MVC-014L.JPG
    MVC-014L.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 85
That does look nice. 20 gallons would be amazing, especially on a more fuel efficient RX-1.

How long is your track?

Stock tunnel needs to be reinforced for that much weight and
as for fire hazzard i've had no prblems since 2003 with these
sleds and gas on the rear rack. Remember back in the 70's
the plastic tank in front of the muffler and inside of the hood
on the Ski-Doo Olympic sleds ... those should of blown up
every time you rode it !!!! so this setup i don't think you
have to worry as long as the caps are tight.

Attachments

• IMG_1768a.JPG
    IMG_1768a.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1790a.JPG
    IMG_1790a.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1784a.JPG
    IMG_1784a.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2047a.JPG
    IMG_2047a.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 103
True Blue- What holds the chrome extensions on? I tried to get into Canadian Tires website but they want a canadian zip code. I wonder if any US companies sell these? Did you remove the exhaust end cap first to secure the chrome tip, then re-install the end cap?

t_img_1790a_111.jpg

Re: fuel cap

I need to get some extra fuel out of my APEX since I have a MP Stage 1 Supercharger. Can you explain in more detail about what you are suggesting.

Please send response to (dmeyer@wausaupaper.com) and not this e-mail.

black john said:
try removeing that white sleve thats under the gas cap this will give you about 3 liter,s more gas czp. and when doing this move your fuel tank vent line from down the side of the sled to up under the handle bars. that sleve just pop,s out useing your fingers

Back