• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fastest stock motored Apex?

mnmsnowbeast said:
wolfie said:
Lowered suspension, .75 track, 96 ice chisels, extra wheel kit, stock gearing and reverse still installed. Stock motor, shaved clutchesand his own custom clutching It regularly pulls 122-24, and a few at 126, 127 with a tail wind on good ice.
Hi wolfie,i thought lawrence had the apex ER,its hard in the pics,but is that the gt? If it is thats awsome well i guess he got the gremlins all figured out ha.. thats preety darn good,is he finally happy with it,and does it spank his very good running srx? Kevin Bailey and i will be doing some stuff to my ripsaw this fall,and i am sure i will hear all the details from kevin lol was that Little Sebago lake?? Pete

Sorry beast, sort of lost track of this thread, but Lawrences sled is an ER with a GT shield. And he's got it haulin'. I'm hoping some of his touch rubs off on mine this year, he set up and shaved my clutches for me, and I'm running a pretty aggressive setup. Say hello to the skinman for me.....I hope to get up there and spend some lake/tuning time this winter. :Rockon:

wolfie said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
wolfie said:
Lowered suspension, .75 track, 96 ice chisels, extra wheel kit, stock gearing and reverse still installed. Stock motor, shaved clutchesand his own custom clutching It regularly pulls 122-24, and a few at 126, 127 with a tail wind on good ice.
Hi wolfie,i thought lawrence had the apex ER,its hard in the pics,but is that the gt? If it is thats awsome well i guess he got the gremlins all figured out ha.. thats preety darn good,is he finally happy with it,and does it spank his very good running srx? Kevin Bailey and i will be doing some stuff to my ripsaw this fall,and i am sure i will hear all the details from kevin lol was that Little Sebago lake?? Pete

Sorry beast, sort of lost track of this thread, but Lawrences sled is an ER with a GT shield. And he's got it haulin'. I'm hoping some of his touch rubs off on mine this year, he set up and shaved my clutches for me, and I'm running a pretty aggressive setup. Say hello to the skinman for me.....I hope to get up there and spend some lake/tuning time this winter. :Rockon:
Cool if i can keep him out of the cold ones he should be good to go,lol yes i want kevin to clip my shitsaw track for me,i have it trimed to 1" and now a shortie so it already goes much better than when it was stretched to 136,i havent heard anything from ricky either,but than again we dont have a speck of ice anywhere,at least not right now..lol hey try and keep your tunnel in one piece this year will ya lol see ya on the ice if we have any.. Pete

hey beast whats going on,radar run on dec 10th if we get the cold weather starting this sat-sun,no ice anywhere now with the rain today but it only take a few nights of 10 deg to get caribou lake froze good enough for the radar run,im gonna set mine up,borrowing a speed track with 144 chisels from my buddy,im gonna slam it,i changed a few things for this year,went to a 40 bottom gear,cut front clutch,looking for a few tips on rear suspension set up for radar run on here but no one is giving anything up so im gonna get the front as low as i can with my set of works atv shocks and adjust the back from that point,thats how i did my 03 rx1 and it worked really well,at launch the skis would pull about an inch off the ice and settle down about 100 ft mark,just wondering how the mono is to tie down,im sure i'll figure it out,i'll let you guys know how i make out,i like the post about the "fastest stock apex",i have never run on a radar gun but i see 133-134 on nice hard rrbed all the time so mine must work pretty good cause im only a few mph off(factory suspension set up) the fastest one and he's on the lake with his sled all slammed down,any help on the mono slamming would be appreciated...

170plus said:
hey beast whats going on,radar run on dec 10th if we get the cold weather starting this sat-sun,no ice anywhere now with the rain today but it only take a few nights of 10 deg to get caribou lake froze good enough for the radar run,im gonna set mine up,borrowing a speed track with 144 chisels from my buddy,im gonna slam it,i changed a few things for this year,went to a 40 bottom gear,cut front clutch,looking for a few tips on rear suspension set up for radar run on here but no one is giving anything up so im gonna get the front as low as i can with my set of works atv shocks and adjust the back from that point,thats how i did my 03 rx1 and it worked really well,at launch the skis would pull about an inch off the ice and settle down about 100 ft mark,just wondering how the mono is to tie down,im sure i'll figure it out,i'll let you guys know how i make out,i like the post about the "fastest stock apex",i have never run on a radar gun but i see 133-134 on nice hard rrbed all the time so mine must work pretty good cause im only a few mph off(factory suspension set up) the fastest one and he's on the lake with his sled all slammed down,any help on the mono slamming would be appreciated...
Hey trevor get some limiter strap material and make yourself up a limiter strap for the rear torque arm,and just suck it down till it matches the from arm,you have to take the front strap and drill an extra hole in it,and really suck it down,than do the same to the rear of the skid,add some larger wheels or take out your slides alltogeather plus add wheels,or a lube system to drip water on the front of the rails for the slides,did you read my post to you about breakfast at the club house on a given sat. morning,sense you live right around the corner lol good luck Pete

Do you mean lowered like this? It seems the guys on this site are not giving up many secrets, at least all at once. Out of respect to some of the faster guys, I won't either. If you do some serious digging on this site you'll find all your answers. BTW, by posting on this thread I'm not saying I have a fast sled, I'm just showing all another lowered Apex.

Attachments

• Slammed side.jpg
    Slammed side.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 226
  • slammed front.jpg
    slammed front.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 221
I ran best of 123. Half mile, 192 trail studs with 1.25 ripsaw, stock ride height rear and front. All stock clutching components (with machining), white secondary spring, windage plates, and 40 bottom gear. This was on bare ice. I averaged between 120 and 123. As Ice softened, the speeds came way down. We had a side wind...BBY

"BBY" what setting do you use for your white spring? Any problems with full shiftout with this spring??

bluebelt said:
Hows that work on the trail? or do you girls just cruise the lakes?

:moon:

Back