• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fault Codes, Relay/Fuse Location, Wire diagram, Diagnostics

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
Wiring schematic:
*See PDF file attachment for download*
Nytro wiring.jpg

Nytro Fault Codes and Relay Location Diagram:
FXNytroFaultCodes3.jpg

Relay locations (2 - 5) may vary, See relay wire code diagram for correct positioning.
Nytro relay location.png

Relay wire color code
Relaywirecodes_zps799cf57a.jpg

New for 2014 is a new solid state fuel relay (old relays were mechanical - moving parts) - the new solid state relay has no internal moving parts so sticking when cold shouldn't be a problem. The part number on this new relay is 8GN-81950-00-00 and it can be identified by its red casing. The new relay has the holder part built into it

Red Fuel Pump Relay 2.JPG

Starter relay and components:

Nytro relay.jpg

Fuse location:
nytro fuse.png

Diagnostic Mode:
diag1.png

Diagnostic Mode Codes:

Diag mode codes 1.jpg

Diag mode codes 2.jpg

Attachments

• Nytro schematic.pdf
    731.8 KB · Views: 2,330
Last edited:

Why would you unsticky this??? I have used I more then once and its going to suck to have to search for it. Nice to have it easily accessable on the trail to just pull up the forum on your phone if your having trouble and there it is rite at the top.

x2

This information is already in the FX Nytro FAQ stickey. I understand the need to clean up the site but I thought it was very helpful to have it posted separately.

If we leave every sticky thread as a sticky, then the whole first page becomes a list of stickies. The index is the perfect solution and now all you guys have to do is point the poster to the FAQ sticky on the first page of the forum. They may even take the time to browse the rest of the FAQ headings to see if there are any other answers there.

makes sense to clean up the stickeys but why leave two stickeys with suspension setups and move information that I would consider more important and useful. there was already a post today asking where a relay is located.

I just traded my RX1 for a 2010 FX Nytro RTX SE.
Seems the right-side grip does not get warm. (The left is nice and toasty) It's a new sled and I can have it fixed under warranty, just wondering, do I have to manually put this in diagnostic mode, or would it throw a code? Not seeing anything. Before I run it back to the dealership, I'll check for a loose connector or something, but I thought if it senses a problem, it would show a code in "normal" mode. I thought my RX1 worked that way?

It's located on the backside of the motor (lower, left). I believe you can see it with the bottom plate off.

The crankshaft position sensor is inside the motor on the clutch side of the crank. There's a 24t reluctor wheel (23 -1), inside the bolt on bearing assembly, unlike the Apex's which is on the outer diameter of the stator and has 8t.

Back