• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

first ride and topend speed

There are so many variables with speed such as the snow conditions, setups, rider weight,etc. that I have seen a 20 mph difference on my sled alone from hard pack to soft trails to ice. I have seen 122 on the speedo on a lake and on some trail conditions I struggle to pull triple digits. I would say there is probably no more than 5 mph difference between the sleds in the same conditions. Realistically they are 100 mph sleds in my opinion. Modifications will get you more.

Re: engine

big_ry_ry said:
I realize it can do damaga but why would it be used in a court of law. I could be wrong but does it say not to max out the sled in the owners manual? I did it once just to see what it would do..

To get out of an expensive warranty claim. This is a real warning and consider yourself warned. :ORC

From what I have been told the owners manual does not state you can not do this. This will change in the new manuals coming out I would think.

Its all depends on conditions and set up. Best I have ever seen on mine is 110 on speedo. This was on hard pack on a rail bed where you could see for miles. I believe most 120's will hit this and more depending on conditions and set up.

my wifes owners manual on the new rage says to not exceed like 6000 rpm for the first 100 miles then not over 8000 for the next 200 miles something like that, i will find her manual when she gets home and get the wording exact for ya'

After about 1000 miles or so I had my '05 Vector at 121mph across a lake with min to moderate snow cover. Took a while to get there, but again this was on the factory speedo, not a gps.

Did it once and probably never again. I don't think the risk is worth it-physically.

Like I said earlier.. I'm on my 3rd winter with my vector.. And only once had the right spot to try a wot test.. It's just to bad the conditions were sooooooooooo terrible.. We are going back to drummond island this feb. Maybe if the conditions are better I'll let er rip just to see how much faster it'll go... Other than that I really like the corner to corner pop it has... MM.

??????

What are duece bars and where do i get them I have woodys duallys now :4STroke:

They are made by stud boy.........They look similar to a shaper bar.. They are a one piece designed dual runner bar.. They are lighter and steer better than the doolys.. They aren't cheap... If you buy them at retail they are about a "C" note.. I paided $68.00 at a pre-season show.. I've tried them both and the duece bars corner better, with less drag.. MM.

Back