• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride on a turbo! OMG!!!

Toby, you know what I'm saying.....If this sled is rated at 120 and I'm at 100. I need to know why! Just me being me. I'd except close. Lol!

Also, how's the wife doing today?

550miles now. Last fill up 16.33mpg. sleds running so good. Making appointment for 500mile service.

I'll feel ALOT better getting all fuild changed, bolts checked out, etc. etc.

The gearing and horsepower should propel your Sidewinder to an estimated 120mph. Weight & conditions will be crucial!

I've been to 110mph. Pulled back cause conditions weren't going to allow 120....

My goal is 120 stock. I can't see jumping to the stage 1 or whatever if I can't get mine to do what it is designed to do, in stock form.

So, with that said. Going to get service done. Make pulls and come back on forum and see what's up.

I think most aren't pulling 120mph top speed. But the fact that some have, is enough for me to set a goal to achieve.

Wow, you got a good one gas mileage wise. I cannot get better then 12ish in good conditions. Won't talk about mpg on snowy trails, really bad... I just reached the 500 mile mark during last ride, hoping mpg gets better after break in.

My fuel mileage is progressively getting better.

1st 13.8
2nd 15.2
3rd. 15.8
4th. 16.3

Last three fill ups did not include any long pulls. Trail riding between 30-40ave. I assume.

Toby, you know what I'm saying.....If this sled is rated at 120 and I'm at 100. I need to know why! Just me being me. I'd except close. Lol!

Also, how's the wife doing today?

She's doing ok. Very sore but thankful it wasn't worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's doing ok. Very sore but thankful it wasn't worse.

Wow,sorry to hear about your misfortune,just glad you are ok,like you said,parts can and will be replaced. I am somewhat confused at all these SWers being all over the map on speeds,some are rockets to 100 and dry up there some are rockets all the way to 120 plus,and I would think the guys with the slow ones have been all over there sleds to see what may aile it,wow just knocks me out,i thought every one right out of the gate would be near 120 or break it,i guess not. Well you may be like I have been sense my crash,waiting on Yamaha for parts,i have had to go as far as getting a lot of my parts from the SW 162 mtx which Yamaha has had on fish for a long time,but they cant seem to get any other model out,why? No one seems to be saying,so I don't imagine you will be riding that sled any time soon,i may be wrong,i sure hope you and I get our parts soon,winter is still going good here in maine,but I understand that is not the case everywhere. Good luck beast

Wow,sorry to hear about your misfortune,just glad you are ok,like you said,parts can and will be replaced. I am somewhat confused at all these SWers being all over the map on speeds,some are rockets to 100 and dry up there some are rockets all the way to 120 plus,and I would think the guys with the slow ones have been all over there sleds to see what may aile it,wow just knocks me out,i thought every one right out of the gate would be near 120 or break it,i guess not. Well you may be like I have been sense my crash,waiting on Yamaha for parts,i have had to go as far as getting a lot of my parts from the SW 162 mtx which Yamaha has had on fish for a long time,but they cant seem to get any other model out,why? No one seems to be saying,so I don't imagine you will be riding that sled any time soon,i may be wrong,i sure hope you and I get our parts soon,winter is still going good here in maine,but I understand that is not the case everywhere. Good luck beast

From what I can tell a lot of cosmetic issues. Hood and panel are broken but I could ride with it. Brake is toast and will be able to get it from cat I would guess. Tunnel is tweeked and repairable but since it's an insurance claim I want it done right. Also steering got tweeked. Not sure how bad. Tie rod arm and metal underbody got mashed. I figure if I want it fixed right and like New my season is over on it. We will see what the insurance man says. He is supposed to come out to see it this week. As far as performance 0 to 85 my sled rips from 85 to 105 is very sluggish. I've done my first service and got cat rollers. I've cleaned clutches and broken the belt in properly. I did a good proper 4 stroke break in and so did my bud and same results. Also checked my hoses and made sure they were all tight and no boost leaks. My z1 turbo would run 115 all day long. Hopefully some people will get the slow ones figured out. I checked for coil bind and all I see is marks on the spring edges that contact the clutch. Hope you get your parts soon. I'm still waiting for a tunnel bag from nov so I have no plans on riding this sled the rest of the season. Yamaha has been awful on getting any parts out. I will be purchasing another sled for the rest of the season as I have 10 days off coming in mid feb. looks like we will be upgrading the wife's 1200 to a 2017 and I will be riding a 2011 TNT 1200 till mine gets going. I guess it's better than nothing!

So, weekend pushed me over 500miles. Ended up at 550. Dropped sled off today.

Oil & chain case fluids getting changed. Turbo bolts getting checked. Etc, etc.

Leaving for Ontario, Canada on Sunday. Hoping for a great week of riding!

So, weekend pushed me over 500miles. Ended up at 550. Dropped sled off today.

Oil & chain case fluids getting changed. Turbo bolts getting checked. Etc, etc.

Leaving for Ontario, Canada on Sunday. Hoping for a great week of riding!
Where ya heading? trails and lakes are all getting about perfect now! been a slow start for sure.

Dan, it's been a nightmare in northern Wis. An act of desperation is how I got to 550. Carbides have paid the price.

I'm going to be in the southern region 100miles north of lake Ontario.

Fuel mileage is completely unexpected. I imagine high speed trails will put an end to great fuel milage.

I'm stoked!!!!

Dan, it's been a nightmare in northern Wis. An act of desperation is how I got to 550. Carbides have paid the price.

I'm going to be in the southern region 100miles north of lake Ontario.

Fuel mileage is completely unexpected. I imagine high speed trails will put an end to great fuel milage.

I'm stoked!!!!
Go to Cochrane!!!

Snow was mint in North bay on the weekend the bonfield trails were some of the best I ever rode. Gotta into Mattawa district and they were poached. Turned around and rode north amazing!!! Trucks are out on some of the lakes ice is bumpy but staked

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I rode kirkland lake - cochrane - kap - timmins - kirkland last weekend and the trails were MINT!!! God's country up there! So worth the drive!

Thanks guys! Running like a mad dog! Dropped sled off at dealer for 500mile deal. Playing games looking for new truck. And work b4 I leave......Going crazy!

Back