• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Sled Dog said:
n2oiroc said:
Sled Dog said:
n2oiroc you did not even use the correct product for the application you used them on yet you come on here and put the product down when you did not even install or use the product correctly. Go to the site and read up and use the correct product for the correct application. Come on now lets be fair before you condemn something.
how do you know if i used the correct product or if i used it properly? there were 2 packages used and combined they were rated for a higher capacity that the fuel tank was. back then there werent as many options on which ones to use.

How do I know? Because when I read up on the product it was rated by horsepower not the size of the tank. Vehicles need an inline unit from what I remember.

i would imagine an inline unit is necessary if its an over the road vehicle where its always sucking gas with no time for the unit to do its job, but the truck sits half the time. i would think drop in's that are rated for 30+ gallons would be sufficant for the25 gallons that takes 3 weeks to use. its a 99 bought new and it just broke 40,000 miles!

n2oiroc said:
Sled Dog said:
I also remember reading on their site you can under treat but not over treat the fuel. You possibly did not have enough single units in the tank. Like I said wrong application. Here is the link read up!

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/produc ... index.html

the units combined were good for over 30 gallons according to the package. the gas tank capacity was 25 gallons.

I dont know where you are getting your info the four units you dropped in are good for a total max of 20 gallons. You need to drop in at least one more so as not to be under treating the application. You see this is what I mean people putting down a product and not even installing it correctly or matching it for the job it is asked to do. That truck is under treated.

Read here:
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/cfm/fi ... drill=1120

i could really care less to read the rest of the past posts, but, did you do a controlled test?

if not, why dont you go for a ride till the tank is empty, remove the 75$ magic bean from your tank, fill the tank and then ride it till its empty again. do this on the same road, fill up at the same station.

i never said it didnt work, i pointed out the obvious. trust everyone but cut the cards.

i trust the above guy who blind tested his wife.

as for testing the product, just from this thread alone, i will never try the product. if someone was to give me some magic beans to try, i would try them in a controlled test.

The guy blind tested without having the product installed properly and you trust the test. I trust a guy like Supertuner who has already tested the product with his own dyno. Who else would be better equipped to test a product such as this. The only reason he sells them is because he has had such good results with the product. Doing a test like you suggest would be open to too much variables such as how many times you flipped the throttle and how hard. That alone could eat up your gains in gas mileage through a whole tank. To even see it your going to need a dyno.

Sled Dog said:
The guy blind tested without having the product installed properly and you trust the test. I trust a guy like Supertuner who has already tested the product with his own dyno. Who else would be better equipped to test a product such as this. The only reason he sells them is because he has had such good results with the product. Doing a test like you suggest would be open to too much variables such as how many times you flipped the throttle and how hard. That alone could eat up your gains in gas mileage through a whole tank. To even see it your going to need a dyno.

like i said before i used enough to cover the size of the tank. is it at all possible that i may have used a different kit that you think i did? and im pretty sure the ones i used arent listed anymore. back when i bought them i dont even think they offered an inline kit. supertuner sells them because he makes money on them. simple economics. businesses sell stuff to make a profit. i couldnt care less if people buy them or not. im glad it works for you guys, but it doesnt work for everyone. simple as that.

n2oiroc said:
Sled Dog said:

like i said before i used enough to cover the size of the tank. is it at all possible that i may have used a different kit that you think i did? and im pretty sure the ones i used arent listed anymore. back when i bought them i dont even think they offered an inline kit. supertuner sells them because he makes money on them. simple economics. businesses sell stuff to make a profit. i couldnt care less if people buy them or not. im glad it works for you guys, but it doesnt work for everyone. simple as that.

You did not use enough to cover your tank all the drop in units are the same.

Well if your so positive the product does not work quit beating around the bush here and tell us what it was you put in your tank. Other than the inline units all drop in units I believe are the same. The amount of drop in's change to match to application. You needed 5 and you put in four and complained it did not work for you. Each drop in looks after 5 gallons MAX and you had 25 gallons to treat so you should of had 5 in 6 would have been better. Tell you what why don't you sell me your used four drop in's I could use them.

Each drop in looks after 5 gallons MAX

so does that means after he burns 5gallons then he gets the bean stock to grow.

so your saying, that for the first 5gallons he gets no gain, then he is ok, the stuff works great, but he sees no gain because he installed 4. seems unless his wife never let the car get below 20gallons, he should have still seen improvement.

you install way to many, they still work, if you dont install 1 out of 5 they dont. what happens to the fuel when you have 2gallons in the tank, does it turn to nitromethane?

i think, n2oiroc
wants his cow back.

BETHEVIPER said:
Each drop in looks after 5 gallons MAX

so does that means after he burns 5gallons then he gets the bean stock to grow.

i think, n2oiroc
wants his cow back.

you install way tomany, they still work, if you dont install 1 out of 5 they dont. what happens to the fuel when you have 2gallons in the tank, does it turn to nitromethane?

He can have his cow after he is done with the bull.
It means his fuel wont be treated like it should be. Get the product installed right and do a dyno and post the results. Until then you have no proof it does not work.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:22 pm Post subject: Fitch Fuel Catalyst

keep it going the 08's will be out soon!!! :exc:

n2oiroc if you ever take the fitch drop ins out of that tank and you want some of your money back I will take them!

Fitch

After being directed to this thread with my question about Fitch, I guess I don't know any more than I did before but I do have a couple thoughts.

1. There is no agreement that they do or do not work but no one says they will hurt anything so I am going to put them in on the chance they MAY help a little bit on the mileage & keep the fuel fresh longer.

2. Fitch says they will only treat the fuel in the tank and the sled will have to be started during the Summer to get the treated fuel to the engine. Fine, on the 4 stroke because I start it once a month and let it shut off on high temp. The Ski-Doo 600 SDI gets fogged and not started until November so I will stick with Stabil, drain & refill the tank etc. on the 2 stroke. I wonder if Fitch & Stabil are compatable......

3. The question that interests me the most, "why do the instructions say to disconnect the battery on efi engines for 10 minutes before putting Fitch in the tank?" got lost in the noise. It is a good question as nothing is easy on the Attak is easy and I am tempted to just drop them in and run like heck. I guess I will have to go to Fitch with that.

In any event, what's the worst that can happen? If you're counting pennies, snowsledding isn't for you anyway! Thanks everyone.

TimC.

I agree, it won't hurt anything. I believe they help with keeping fuel from going bad which is why I run them. I can't say I have seen any change in mileage. I have a set in my '80 XS1100 in which I used to use Stabil before switching to Fitch. With the Fitch the bike seems to run better on that first tank in the spring that was left in the bike over the winter than it did with Stabil. I always store it with a full tank to keep condensation from rusting the tank.

I also had a set in my '99 RMK but never stored it with fuel over the summer. I always drained the tank and carbs each spring when storing.

I bought another set which went into my '07 Attak when new. Guess I never read anything about disconnecting the battery and I just dropped them in. I had left the fuel in it from this spring and when I started it up a few weeks ago it ran just fine.

The set that was in the RMK I put into the tank of my 5000 watt generator after removing them from the sled.

Now, one other aspect is I have only stored any of these with non-ethanol gas. The bike and generator only get stored with Amoco (BP) premium which I believe is better fuel to begin with. The Attak I ran BP non-ethanol regular last year. Unfortunately, BP has decided to pull all stations out of the state of ND by April 1st of 2008, so hopefully I can find another source of non-ethanol fuel. I think the ethanol is an EVIL liberal plot! The alcohol evaporates off leaving a gummy mess from the remaining poor fuel. I will not store anything with ethanol in it (even with Fitch) and try not to run it in anything when possible. YMMV

All sounds very reasonable. I'm going to just drop them it too. What could go wrong??

I'm putting HiperFax and SLP wear buttons in the closed windows now. Might get a little better mileage & less wear with that.

I put the Simmons skis on this Summer too along with a temp. Gauge from Ulmer.

Not really a good investment but lots of fun!

TimC

Back