• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

well the 2 year aniversary is coming up on this post, and both of my machines havent had one issue with fuel. carbs still look brand new inside. also i have been running yamalube in the viper since i got it and the power valves ever look cleaner. im still (all in with) the fitch!!!!!

yamahajunkie said:
well the 2 year aniversary is coming up on this post, and both of my machines havent had one issue with fuel. carbs still look brand new inside. also i have been running yamalube in the viper since i got it and the power valves ever look cleaner. im still (all in with) the fitch!!!!!

My oldest sled is a 1998 Ski-Doo with 12,000 miles on the clock. Took the carbs apart for the first time since a re-jet in 1999 because I wanted to change jetting again for some summer racing. Squeaky clean and perfect inside, didn't have to clean a thing. This sled is run maybe one or two days a year. And I do NOT have the Fitch, I just use Stabil in it. My other sleds don't always get the Stabil treatment either...sometimes...and also none of them have fuel issues.

My point is that I don't think that "never having a fuel issue" is a good litmus test of this product. Many of us who DON'T use the Fitch also have no fuel issues. I'm also curious of a true back-to-back, same day, same conditions, same engine, same fuel source, same everything performance comparison on this (which doesn't seem to have materialized anywhere yet) to prove we're not dealing with a placebo effect. I'm too cheap and suspicious of the product to want to do it myself. But I'd think a dealer of the product would want to do it to prove their claims, on video, well documented, with independent 3rd parties watching every step of the process. If they could do that and prove benefits beyond a shadow of a doubt, ESPECIALLY with the fuel savings claims in today's expensive gas market?!?! Their sales would increase 100-fold instantly! And then the government would step up and MANDATE it's installation on every fuel burning product as an OEM product to help with our fuel crisis. What a boon that would be for the company! But it hasn't happened, thus I'm very suspicious. I figure either the company is VERY stupid from a marketing perspective since they haven't capitalized fully on the current fuel crisis, or it simply dosn't save they fuel they claim it does

The fact they're still on the market for some years proves nothing either....so are the little fuel line magnets, the Tornado, and a hundred other products that may or may not do a single thing. And I just love the whole "If the government is buying 'em, they MUST be good" argument! LaLaLa

Count me as another sceptical person not sold on the product, but with an open enough mind to consider future test results.

craze1cars said:
yamahajunkie said:

My oldest sled is a 1998 Ski-Doo with 12,000 miles on the clock. Took the carbs apart for the first time since a re-jet in 1999 because I wanted to change jetting again for some summer racing. Squeaky clean and perfect inside, didn't have to clean a thing. This sled is run maybe one or two days a year. And I do NOT have the Fitch, I just use Stabil in it. My other sleds don't always get the Stabil treatment either...sometimes...and also none of them have fuel issues.

My point is that I don't think that "never having a fuel issue" is a good litmus test of this product. Many of us who DON'T use the Fitch also have no fuel issues. I'm also curious of a true back-to-back, same day, same conditions, same engine, same fuel source, same everything performance comparison on this (which doesn't seem to have materialized anywhere yet) to prove we're not dealing with a placebo effect. I'm too cheap and suspicious of the product to want to do it myself. But I'd think a dealer of the product would want to do it to prove their claims, on video, well documented, with independent 3rd parties watching every step of the process. If they could do that and prove benefits beyond a shadow of a doubt, ESPECIALLY with the fuel savings claims in today's expensive gas market?!?! Their sales would increase 100-fold instantly! And then the government would step up and MANDATE it's installation on every fuel burning product as an OEM product to help with our fuel crisis. What a boon that would be for the company! But it hasn't happened, thus I'm very suspicious. I figure either the company is VERY stupid from a marketing perspective since they haven't capitalized fully on the current fuel crisis, or it simply dosn't save they fuel they claim it does

The fact they're still on the market for some years proves nothing either....so are the little fuel line magnets, the Tornado, and a hundred other products that may or may not do a single thing. And I just love the whole "If the government is buying 'em, they MUST be good" argument! LaLaLa

Count me as another sceptical person not sold on the product, but with an open enough mind to consider future test results.

i like to do my own math, if your too cheap to use something thats your deal. i did my own math and happy with the results that i posted it on here already. 2 each their own. ;)!

ps congatultions on the attack!!!!!!! :Rockon:

The whole fuel gunk issue died for me as soon as I sold my last sled that had to have the gas/oil premixed .
If you want to spend the money on snake oil and cure all mechanics in a can go ahead it is good for the economy.
One thought though my Dodge truck has a light ping when towing at partial throttle (typical for the type .It just had a tune up and the timing is right on. If I ad halve a tank of supreme fuel it goes away)
If one of the dealers wants to send me one to try I will throw it in the tank and if the ping goes away I will buy 5 of them. I will maks sure to post the result ASAP.
Feel free to PM me for the shiping address.

Wont happen PW call the unit what you want but I know for a fact this thing does work. Supertuner has yet to find one engine that did not perform better with one of these installed.

I thought so (no replies) every one wants to sell and make a quick buck.
Why should I run after a questionable money back guaranty on a none proven product ? I did spend a pile of money on a oil additive after I ran a test on a friction bench. Comparing it with regular oil other additives and synthetic oils. The tests set me back a few hundred bucks and it was a real eye opener. Some of the stuff didn't do anything and some worked absolutely fantastic reducing friction dramatically .
2 out of 8 actually worked as advertised
Let the buyer beware !!!!!! most of the stuff kinda works a bit but most are nowhere near as good as advertised.

powder muncher said:
I thought so (no replies) every one wants to sell and make a quick buck.
Why should I run after a questionable money back guaranty on a none proven product ? I did spend a pile of money on a oil additive after I ran a test on a friction bench. Comparing it with regular oil other additives and synthetic oils. The tests set me back a few hundred bucks and it was a real eye opener. Some of the stuff didn't do anything and some worked absolutely fantastic reducing friction dramatically .
2 out of 8 actually worked as advertised
Let the buyer beware !!!!!! most of the stuff kinda works a bit but most are nowhere near as good as advertised.

What stuff worked??? Id love to know.. ;)!

Yea I would like to know what oil additives worked also. You say unproven of the fitch I think not we have Supertuner a member here who would not lie for me or you saying it works with every engine he has dynoed with it. So I would say that is proven.

On this particular bench regular engine oil would seize up at around 5 to 7 pounds ( on a long arm). A few synthetic oils were as high as 10 to 12 pounds before it seized .

Most of the of the shelve ( Big chain stores) style oil treatments worked from not at all to a little.
Around 10 pounds was the max, might as well use straight synthetics.

The best was power up maintaining lubrication with as much as 20 pounds
and bitron ( supposedly a Russian development) was even a bit better.

This was done one a bench owned by the local Power up distributor and he agreed to put his product up against al others so I could make up my mind.

This was done 10 years ago . Kudos to Don for spending the time with me to test what works instead of the regular (Trust me it works somehow)

I have used his products ever since with great success.

fitch

this topic has been beaten to death so i,m not asking if it works! i,m going to try fitch fuel catalysts and i noticed on the instructions it says for efi engines to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes prior to installing. i,m just curious as to why?

Well after running the Flitch devices in my fuel tank all of last year, I found no improvement to mileage or performance. No easier starts, no smoother throttle response, no change what so ever. The last test was to see if it was a decent fuel stabilizer. The sled was stored last March, and I opened the fuel tank last week. Yep...smells like stale gasoline to me. The sled started, but no faster or slower than the year previous without Flitch. Wow all this and $75 for two pieces of zinc. At least my plastic gas tank did not rust.

Once again, in 45 years of walking this planet I am not surprised by another snake oil fuel product: There are no magic potions or magnetic flux capacitors that will change the law of physics and if there were, they would not be used to make gasoline engines run better. The purveyors of these products are big on claims, but short of proof. They get very angry if you ask for proof, or fail to take their expert word for the proof you seek.

In conclusion, all I can say is that this product did not do a damn thing but add weight to my gas tank, and lightened my wallet. Mmmm, maybe if I pull those Flitch weights out of my fuel tank my sled will be lighter and I will gain a hp or two...There you go folks...The Flitch Fuel Catalysts do improve performance and fuel economy... just remove them from your tank and see the instant results. As with anything, your mileage may vary :flag:

My results have been positive with this product thus far. I will say this again the best tests done on this so far has been with Supertuner. He has done his own dyno with and without this product and has had 100% success rate with the product. I am with Freddie on this one as I feel it does a great job in my sleds.

a couple years ago my dad and i were very curious about them and decided to try it. we are both very open minded and always looking for new and improved things for our cars. to make it fair we used 2 of them in my moms truck and didnt tell her as to make sure her driving style didnt change. she has always documented her mileage since new and it is always very consistent. after over a year we came up with a conclusion.

no change in mileage, no change in starting or running. 100% SNAKE OIL!

Back