• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

I did look at every roller I read about here, and they were all 79 to 89 bucks.....

Just was surprised someone had some much cheaper....My bud had already bought them, did not even know Hauck was still around these days.

Sorry bout the post, I will remove image Tom.

View attachment 125799

Those are their primary rollers for Yamaha clutches. The ones for the sidewinder secondary are not on the website yet. You will need to call them to order. They are $45 a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are their primary rollers for Yamaha clutches. The ones for the sidewinder secondary are not on the website yet. You will need to call them to order. They are $45 a set.

I was wondering as they looked to be sized differently then the others ive seen....now that makes sense!

I wish I could have seen them on Thunder site, we had looked around too.

Maybe Terry can post up the price and how to get them. Great to support a TY sponsor for sure!

I was wondering as they looked to be sized differently then the others ive seen....now that makes sense!

I wish I could have seen them on Thunder site, we had looked around too.

Maybe Terry can post up the price and how to get them. Great to support a TY sponsor for sure!

When there are new products the best way is to call and talk to them. They don't do their website and thing are changing to fast to get them listed quick.

Remember if you having issues with your Sidewinders and I will post this over and over, you need to take it into the dealer as a new product and get the problem or problems noted with Yamaha so we all can all benefit from an update or a bulletin about the issue. Without doing so the number will be skewed and there will be no changes due to lack of unreported problems.
Got a call from my dealer today and they claim they will have the new style Yamaha rollers at the end of the week for me. They said said the new rollers show up back order, but they will start shipping new rollers out this week. Hopefully this is acurate and not being just strung along,

HauckRollerInstalled (Medium).JPG
I purchased the Hauck rollers. Not too impressed. They vary in size about 5 thousands from one roller to the next, also about 10 thousands larger than stock. Then you have 3 small washers for shims to put on the sides of the rollers. Not impossible, but more work than should be needed.
I changed the rollers out with only 2.3 miles on the sled. Probably a very good thing, as one of the "pins" was missing a bit of plating, and was quite rusty. Looks like the pin turned in the bore, as it had a small bit of aluminum transferred on to the pin.
Luckily it had only seen part throttle as I warmed it up around the yard........

Last edited:
View attachment 125818 I purchased the Hauck rollers. Not too impressed. They vary in size about 5 thousands from one roller to the next, also about 10 thousands larger than stock. Then you have 3 small washers for shims to put on the sides of the rollers. Not impossible, but more work than should be needed.
I changed the rollers out with only 2.3 miles on the sled. Probably a very good thing, as one of the "pins" was missing a bit of plating, and was quite rusty. Looks like the pin turned in the bore, as it had a small bit of aluminum transferred on to the pin.
Luckily it had only seen part throttle as I warmed it up around the yard........
I think I like that design better than the wider roller, less friction on the side of the rollers.

View attachment 125818 I purchased the Hauck rollers. Not too impressed. They vary in size about 5 thousands from one roller to the next, also about 10 thousands larger than stock. Then you have 3 small washers for shims to put on the sides of the rollers. Not impossible, but more work than should be needed.

With the size differences are all the rollers touching the helix?

I have not assembled it with the spring yet, but I doubt it. Then again the stock rollers didn't all touch either. Hope to assemble it later today.

I have found a couple of flat rollers. Spoke to my dealer $65 CDN each for Yamaha rollers. I can leave the sled with him until Yamaha has parts or a fix. Parts back ordered and (according to him) should arrive mid March just in time to put the sled away?? Nice!!

Having trouble getting Cat rollers locally here in Ontario. All the dealers I have tried have rollers on back order. US / Canadian exchange plus cross border shipping and duty makes aftermarket expensive.

Just for giggles I located a supplier for Torlon 4301 1" rod stock......figure I can make my own if need be. Not sure if anyone else has priced this stuff but it is not cheap either. It is sold by the lineal foot and I was quoted $190.26 CDN per foot. Taxes and shipping works out to about $240.00 per foot. Guessing almost an inch of material per roller?? Maybe you could squeeze out a couple more?? Anyway 12 rollers for $24o works out to $20 CDN each just for material and then they need to be machined.

Not sure how Yamaha justifies $65 each but the aftermarket kits certainly look more appealing now....

I am running cat rollers with 700 miles on them.
One roller has a flat spot on it already...

I am running cat rollers with 700 miles on them.
One roller has a flat spot on it already...
So much the the quick fix ---is the coil bind issue whats causing this condition ?
Are you stock or running tune?

Back