• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

Remember if you having issues with your Sidewinders and I will post this over and over, you need to take it into the dealer as a new product and get the problem or problems noted with Yamaha so we all can all benefit from an update or a bulletin about the issue. Without doing so the number will be skewed and there will be no changes due to lack of unreported problems.

Remember if you having issues with your Sidewinders and I will post this over and over, you need to take it into the dealer as a new product and get the problem or problems noted with Yamaha so we all can all benefit from an update or a bulletin about the issue. Without doing so the number will be skewed and there will be no changes due to lack of unreported problems.
My LTX-LE is in the dealer right now for a blown belt at 200 miles that damaged the belly pan. I showed them the flat spot rollers and cracked secondary sheave near a roller. They're fixing it all under warranty, even replacing the belt. Sheave is back ordered unfortunately. I will admit that I'm "in" with my dealer. Hopefully it helps the cause.

Problem for me is my dealer is 3hr ride. They told me to fix rollers ,which I did with cat ones and call Yamaha to tell them of rollers.

If thats how your dealer chooses to do their job, I guess thats what you have to deal with.
I guess my point being is what was I supposed to do? Drive 3hrs, send them my secondary or fix it myself. Dealer is very good just far away. Local dealer dropped snowmobiles. SUCKS!

Thanks for the help guys...I ordered a set of Ulmers, hopefully they arrive soon..Yamaha dealer said they now pushed the arrival date back again for the 3rd time to the end of February for the Yamaha rollers!

I ordered Ulmers Rollers also, installed them and just got back from 800 miles in Quebec... ran great...

My LTX-LE is in the dealer right now for a blown belt at 200 miles that damaged the belly pan. I showed them the flat spot rollers and cracked secondary sheave near a roller. They're fixing it all under warranty, even replacing the belt. Sheave is back ordered unfortunately. I will admit that I'm "in" with my dealer. Hopefully it helps the cause.
What are they replacing your rollers with? The Yamaha ones are not arriving until March according to my dealer.

What are they replacing your rollers with? The Yamaha ones are not arriving until March according to my dealer.
No idea. I have aftermarket rollers to put back in it when I get the sled back.

My dealer is also 3 hours away, but I had them file a report to Yamaha. I installed AC rollers & ordered Ulmers' because i trust their products more. 400 miles on AC rollers so far so good...

I have both the cat and Ulmers. I think the cat rollers are fine on the stock helix. I like the Ulmers better, because they have a beveled edge on the outside of the roller. Where the cat is flat and square on out side edge. This bevel decreases surface area on the helix ramp a smidge. And seems like a better fit/design. IMO
Thunder has rollers also, not sure what they look like.
I have a set of cat rollers with 600 miles on them if someone gets in a jam with stockers and cant find anything else.. I would sell them at a reasonable price

Is anyone not getting flat spots with stock rollers?
Can the roller pins be removed with secondary all assembled on sled? Looks like I need to take helix off to removed spring?
Sorry for dumb question.

Is anyone not getting flat spots with stock rollers?
Can the roller pins be removed with secondary all assembled on sled? Looks like I need to take helix off to removed spring?
Sorry for dumb question.
Can be removed on sled, pull out set screw put a wrench on secondary nut and take tension of the rollers. Pull pin, a magnet works pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Back