• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

From POS to rideable Phazer

Ike

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Vmax-4 MountainMax 800
Bought a 07 banged up Phazer FX a while back for my sons (and to me). Lots of TLC needed with this one.

Got it cheap, but lot´s of work. Only 5500 km´s on it but seems like those km´s were pretty hard..

list of things what were broken / not done right with this sled

- Broken rear shock
- Track needs to be replaced
- Broken link in skid
- Worn out bushings / A-arms in steeering and front suspension
- Front frame all banged up

So I tore it down and welded the skid, replaced shock, changed bushings, took it service to get few electric problems solved (hard starting etc codes), changed ski´s, got a Motocal wrap on it etc.

Still needs longer gearing and 80´s SRV helix to get rid of the engine breaking. Years ago my cousin raced one of theese in the enduro series here and that was the cure what he found to the engine breaking.

And it needs longer front shocks to prevent more damage to the frame under engine. Needs more clearance underneath. Also will probably change the skid to a 130 inch Lynx PPS in the summer. Stock skid just isn´t just made to last.

Few pics :

2rgysua.jpg

qye32q.jpg

292wwmg.jpg

a1ibk9.jpg

x5sf4g.jpg

k1dnch.jpg

28jh7k8.jpg

Ike

Last edited:

Very nice work. Sounds almost exactly like my son's '07 FX we bought in NY. Took a hit in the right A-arms, right spindle bent, bent frame, wrong spindle on the left side (from a Nytro), all shocks blown, crap 1" track, ugly off-white and dull blue plastics with brown seat. It took a lot of work but it also came out very nice.

looking good!

list on the 09 rtx i have that had 11000km on it read pretty much the same. only fixed enough last season to see if i liked the sled enough to keep it. as i kept it, i converted it to an xtx. parts that where bad that i had to replace where, fox floats (one jammed), bent lower left side arm, upper ball joints, front bulkhead from ovaled a-arm holes, lower plastics, lower steering stem bushings/bearings, all the skid wheels/bearings, both rails, shock block from schmitt bros for rear skid, refresh on all shocks, track and skis.

track and rails is why i decided to go xtx on it.

ok, the story continues. Code 11 and the sled shut down on the trail. Got it to my garage and now it sitting there melting.

Any idea what it is? Start solenoid or ? (Code 11: Cylinder identification sensor or circuit problem.)

IMG-20200126-WA0005.jpeg IMG-20200126-WA0038.jpeg Ok. I bought phazer from My bro Ike and started More serious service. Firts I replaced reinforced skid from skidoo rev. Made it narrower to suit phazer frame. Skid is now also longer to fit 128 track. I also changed gearing and Helix to get rid of fourstroke engine braking. Driveshaft has now 4 orginal wheels....

My aim is to build easy realiable and fast trail sled. Lift nose little bit because stock phazer is too much front end down....

Engine problems seems to Be solved. I cleaned ground wire connector, replaced dead battery and opened breather hose to gas tank. Hose was stuck.

Next problem is phazer front suspension. It is so nervous...Even all bushings are replaced by ike.

Been away from snowmobiles for a while now. My brother Sami wanted to sell that Phazer back to me, and so I did buy it.

Needs some tlc to the exhaust
IMG-20210126-WA0011.jpeg IMG-20210126-WA0009.jpeg
IMG-20210126-WA0018.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20210126-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20210126-WA0018.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
For that, I'd recommend going to these replacement flex pipes. Also eliminates the donuts entirely. They're in Canada so shipping and transit time will be a factor.

https://www.fxgarageworks.com/

Seems like a solution. Someday perhaps.

Anyway, new donuts are here tomorrow and we can build this back.

Attachments

• 20210127_191131.jpg
    20210127_191131.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 167
20210208_181801.jpg

My son made new flexparts for the sled. Needs some tlc before those are perfect. Some pops and bangs from the exhaust when letting off the throttle.

Where did you find those? I had looked at something like that but they were too long like these or the wrong size. They're much longer than those from FX Garage and would need to cut more of the pipes. I guess it doesn't matter since the original flex were broken anyway.

Back