• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front end nytro bushing replacements

robertyoke

Veteran
where can i get better bushings for the front of my 08 nytro. i just was looking at the front end and the top a arm can move back and forth with quite a bit of slop in the bushings.
i think it needs one upper ball joint also.....sled has 1200 miles. hell only half the time do the skis even touch the snow...lol. sorry yamaha but i think your quality has gone down hill.

ball joints are warrantied...might convince dealer to help with the bushings too...

mtdream said:
ball joints are warrantied...might convince dealer to help with the bushings too...

i had the lowers replaced under warrantee but i havent seen any talk about the uppers. i call the dealer see what they say, but the sled is over one year old now so.

My dealer told me that the ball joint warranty only applies to '08 sleds with VIN numbers in a certain range. My sled was built later in the year and was supposed to have had the updated ball joints installed as part of a mid year production change. My ball joints are still fine.

Replace bushings with Oilites from Ulmer.

I installed ulmers oil-lite as well on both my 08 FXNytro and my 07 Phazer. This is the only way I would go. Not worth the time and energy to replace them with teflon as stock. Just gonna be in the same place in a short period of time AND you will probably pay close to the same amount for the yamaha ones.

oil lite bushings have oil impregnated into the bronze during mfg. you do not add oil to them. You can use your grease on them during assy if you wish.

Problem I see in putting grease on any of the bushings, is once the greasegets "dirt" nd oth foreign materialsstuck to it, they just wear out faster than no grease. It is kind of a catch 22

I replaced my upper a-arm bushings this weekend. I thought they were totally gone due to the movement in the a-arm. after disassy i found that they were not that bad after all. I replaced them any way, and it made it much better, for $7.00 to replace the 4 bushings it was worth the effort. Now I know what to expect from wear on the bushings. As for dirt getting on the greased joints or oil light bush, I'm on a snowmobile not a dirt bike :jump:

best to do when changing the oil filter Summer project. maybe add an hour or two to the spring service. Make sure to change to the oilight bushings at the same time

Back