• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Funny Stuff...ski-doo riders crack me up!!!

Heritage

Expert
So...after our big snow storm (18 to 20 inches..wet stuff) last week..I went for a ride to one our local watering holes out on "the lake"...I was enjoying a beverage...when me and the owner saw 5 head lights come flying down the road in front of the bar (a county highway)...they pull into the parking lot and come in...after they get their gear off and get a cocktail...one guy points out the window and says " who's riding the yamahog"(pointing to my attak GT)..snickering of course...I said me...he then came over asked about some trails...where to ride etc...I told him..you know you can't ride down the county highway...you will get a ticket....he said "but the snow is too deep out on the lake"...I asked what they were riding...3 etec 800s...2 Ptek 800s......I busted out laughing...he said "why you laughing"???....I said...cause the "YAMAHOG", and I came across the lake and up the steep hill...All 5 of them were looking at me like...NO F'N WAY.....I said it's not too bad out there...those little, light weight xps should have no problem out there....But they said they would not go on the lake..."snow is too deep"....LOL....I offered to lead them across the lake to their motel, when they were leaving...and they said NO....and took the highway.... :tg: LMAO!!!
Believe me...the yamahog jokes stopped right there and then...lol

Is there a more arrogant group of yamahaters than team yellow riders??? LOL. There is nothing I like better than passing, beating or out riding somebody on a ski-doo...they seem so shocked that those big, heavy, slow four strokes are as fast as they are...and perform as well as they do...ski-doo sure brain washes their riders with BS about the other guys...Good marketing department up their in quebec.

I tell ya ski doo marketing department wins the award for branding thier sleds as light weight and yamahas as heavy pigs. I met so many guys that have never even ridden, picked up, moved a yamaha saying they are just heavy pigs. All I said is even fat sleds need love to.

They are heavier but man real world weights on my scale shows about a tank full of gas difference, its the damn heavy REAR END of the yammies that give them a bad rap should someone try to lift the back end up.

I rode a XP renegade this past weekend and I must say they do ride nice I wont ever bash them, the other thing I noticed is that if there is 1 there is a 100 ski doos to every yamaha my god they have market share. No wonder there are more engine failures with such a higher amount of sleds on the trails.

Everyone including the doo riders that get off my sled after a swap just shake thier head at the raw power and sounds its makes. Different strokes for different folks!

Heritage said:
So...after our big snow storm (18 to 20 inches..wet stuff) last week..I went for a ride to one our local watering holes out on "the lake"...I was enjoying a beverage...when me and the owner saw 5 head lights come flying down the road in front of the bar (a county highway)...they pull into the parking lot and come in...after they get their gear off and get a cocktail...one guy points out the window and says " who's riding the yamahog"(pointing to my attak GT)..snickering of course...I said me...he then came over asked about some trails...where to ride etc...I told him..you know you can't ride down the county highway...you will get a ticket....he said "but the snow is too deep out on the lake"...I asked what they were riding...3 etec 800s...2 Ptek 800s......I busted out laughing...he said "why you laughing"???....I said...cause the "YAMAHOG", and I came across the lake and up the steep hill...All 5 of them were looking at me like...NO F'N WAY.....I said it's not too bad out there...those little, light weight xps should have no problem out there....But they said they would not go on the lake..."snow is too deep"....LOL....I offered to lead them across the lake to their motel, when they were leaving...and they said NO....and took the highway.... :tg: LMAO!!!
Believe me...the yamahog jokes stopped right there and then...lol

Is there a more arrogant group of yamahaters than team yellow riders??? LOL. There is nothing I like better than passing, beating or out riding somebody on a ski-doo...they seem so shocked that those big, heavy, slow four strokes are as fast as they are...and perform as well as they do...ski-doo sure brain washes their riders with BS about the other guys...Good marketing department up their in quebec.

Well this story has a different ending then I was expecting. I was thinking the story would end with a squad car chasing them down the road to give them a ticket for driving on the highway.

Chester

funny how marketing goes. Yamaha's are tanks and doos are bombs. A tank will always get you home though. Funny seeing snot nose kids on XPs with sledneck this and that only to be in my tanks way.
I do know some etechs with no problems with well over 10,000 miles, but still have to jab them. I'll probably get another doo added to the fleet soon anyways, but don't plan on joining the doo cult.

Dan

A different brand wont fix those idiots. Those rolling grenades are better in deep snow. Spend some time in QC and other than SkiDoos there are far more Yamahas than the other 2. Engine braking and track attack angle make deep snow a challenge for us. That said, I've ridden some deep snow in QC on my Attak. Including on some questionable lakes :-0.

actionjack said:
A different brand wont fix those idiots. Those rolling grenades are better in deep snow. Spend some time in QC and other than SkiDoos there are far more Yamahas than the other 2. Engine braking and track attack angle make deep snow a challenge for us. That said, I've ridden some deep snow in QC on my Attak. Including on some questionable lakes :-0.

Yeah Karma bit me in the azz tonight....lol.. While riding by myself...I buried my attak in the bottom of a steep ditchline in 3 feet of snow..sometimes my middle aged azz still thinks I'm 18, and I try stuff I shouldn't..lol...after 45 minutes of tuggin, and pullin...I got her out..they are beasts from hell when they are stuck, and you are alone...probably would have been stuck on a ski doo tonight too...thought about how a lighter sled would have been easier to dig out....then I thought...nah...stay on the trail ya old bone head....lmao :o|

its the extra yellow editions that turn my stomach. I try to picture a grown man going to dealer and asking for extra, super bright yellow. makes it tough to work on them in the shop, without getting grease on the extra yellow

Interesting post. While I have to say that the Yammie's are heavier, thats because they are built better. It takes material in the structure of anything to make it stout, a sled being no different. I work at a shop (former Yammy dealer with lots of return customers that are out of warranty) and we lease space to an outfit that rents sleds (Skidoo GTX fans and MXZ500ss's) and we do the service work on them. Junk.
3 out of 10 rentals come back bent. There's nothing to them. Honeycomb this..hollow that...built like snap-together models.
We went to pick up a "wreck" yesterday that veered of the trail and hit a 3" tree, got caught in the A arm"s and tore the chassis apart.Write off
An Apex would probably have sheared the tree off and left you maybe looking for a new arm, if anything.
Junk

we also have a ''joe rent all'' and they rent sleds,they used to be with the yellow team but the owner told me he had so many problems that he had to let them go,now he's all yammi,his maintenance cost went way down,he did mention that the exhaust donuts wearing out was the thing he hated the most,but better than engines and many blown belts,that was is exact words

You know the one test last has never been done on a sled is the long term test report. If you have ever read a motorcycle magazine they have these after a couple years of riding a model.

How are the other models holding up after a couple years? What is the cost of running for the season, injector oil, engine rebuild, $130.00 belts, etc.

After SPANKING my friends '09 800 R all weekend (including corners & bumps), he asked to swap sleds. When he got off he admitted my GT was like riding a cadillac. This year i've gained complete respect from 3 Ski-Doo boys & 1 Po boy. I pointed out that me & other friend on '06 RTX were the only ones not complaining of aches & pains after a couple 300 mile days in Maine on our heavy sleds. I got better gas mileage on cheaper gas, no oil added, 8000 miles a piece, beat them from start to finish in every race, not to mention we wasted hours looking for brand oils on Sunday. It took 875 miles for Ski-doo friend to admit it, but he finally gave in. He's been yellow for 20 tears plus. He works at Yamaha shop to boot. But he still won't turn blue. GOOD! Cuz i like WINNING...

Back