• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro 180 hp turbo kit announcement!

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Recognizing the need to be price conscious and that not everyone has $5,000+ to spend on turbo kits. Ulmer Racing has been working hard to lower costs and bring sledders a great all around trail package with good useable horsepower! With that we will have more information available on this new kit, but here are a few details.

Ulmer Racing FX Nytro 180 Kit
Included in the kit:
  • 8.5 gallon Trail Tank (100+ mile range)
    Ceramic coated cast iron header and down pipe
    Ceramic coated turbo exhaust housing
    Ceramic coated heat shields
    GT2554R dual ball bearing turbo
    Dynojet Power Commander III
    Multi Function Hub
    Exhaust enters into the stock muffler
    Stock muffler = quieter than stock
    Intercooler
    Run 5 lbs of boost & 180 HP @ 8800 rpm on premium pump fuel
    This setup runs on a stock motor and usually takes 8 hours to install.
    Priced at $3,999.99

Available options:

• AEM Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge: $300
    Boost Gauge: $55
    ***Gauge prices include gauge cup to mount gauge.***
    Clutch Kit & Gearing Package : $250

Other options that will be available and we have not set pricing on yet:
  • Upgrade to Power Commander V
    Upgrade to LCD Screen with Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, RPM, and MPH
    Electronic boost control (should you get bad fuel or a spot where only 87 octane is available you will be able to flip a toggle switch and adjust the boost down to 3 lbs of boost).

with the turbos on the market now do you have to change the head gasket? With this turbo is there any modifications to the motor?

If someone were to buy this kit then want to upgrade to the 215HP kit (stage2) in a year or so could it be done, and how much (roughfly) would it be. Also I checked out your display at Hay Days and noticed no BOV, can one be added to it (stage 1 or 2)?

The turbo used in the 180 kit could be taken up to 8 lbs of boost (210ish hp) but not any further than that. In order to do that you would need fuel pump & regulator upgrade ($400), ignition module ($325), and a different style of muffler ($250-300 depending on what you choose).

We do not see any benefit in a blow off valve at or below 10 lbs of boost. One could be easily added to the lower tank on the intercooler though.

Srxspec said:
The turbo used in the 180 kit could be taken up to 8 lbs of boost (210ish hp) but not any further than that. In order to do that you would need fuel pump & regulator upgrade ($400), ignition module ($325), and a different style of muffler ($250-300 depending on what you choose).

We do not see any benefit in a blow off valve at or below 10 lbs of boost. One could be easily added to the lower tank on the intercooler though.

Thanks, any long term effect of that turbo running 8psi, I just wouldn't want to push something too hard. Also if I were to get boost crazy and want to build on the kit more could a turbo be swaped even further down the road. Its a pretty large investment and I just want to understand if I would have to scrap the whole thing to get crazy, and I would be runniing a undertunnel Jardne muffler, so wouldn't need to upgrade hopefully.

The GT2554 (used in the 180 kit) will be just fine at 8 lbs, just won't be capable of anything past that. You could upgrade to the GT2854R (used in our 215 hp kits) and go up to 14 lbs of boost. After that you can go to our GT2860RS (modified by us to fit into the chassis) that will take you up to 18+ lbs. 8 lbs of boost is the limit on pump gas on a stock motor though.

This kit (180 hp) is designed to run on the stock fuel pump and with the stock muffler at 5 lbs of boost.

Thats sweet I just picked up my 09 mtx.I bought the sled for the reason of a turbo.Now $4000.00 gets me 180hp....awesome

dirk, see you at the Novi show?! We've got some sweet new parts coming for the 2010 Vector to crank some more hp out of those too!

Allan, what kind of weight gain total are we talkin with this kit?? I this a bolt on tune and go or is this a tuner kit? Looking at this being next years mod (10-11). do you have some clutching to go with it??? :die

With the stock muffler it will gain about 6 or 7 lbs to the sled, but the weight is all centralized on the chassis. This setup is aimed at the bolt on and go riders. There is a clutch package to go with it listed in the "available options" up above.

Back