• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro 180 hp turbo kit announcement!

Nice kit Allen! Looks great and nice pricing to boot.

Srxspec said:
The tank included with the turbo kit is a custom tank made for the turbo kit by Trail Tank (the same company that makes the 10 gallon tank). We lose 1.5 gallons of capacity because the turbo takes up some of the space in the fuel tank area.

got it

skoalring11 said:
could you post the install instructions I would be interested in how it all goes together.

I will try to post up the instructions in a day or two.

What is the expected time frame on the PCV. Very interested in this setup but I want to have the best technology available instead of having to upgrade later.

We will not offer the PCV until probably after the first of the year. We will want to log quite a few miles on it to make sure the PCV all works properly.

I'm curious about the 87 octane switch too. Probably a third of the time I fill up i'm filling up at a bar with 87. Any idea how much horsepower at 3 lbs of boost? I'm thinking probably about 165 eh? I think I'd be more than happy with 165 horsepower.

I was wondering if you have tried testing a low boost setup without an intercooler? I know on turbo setups I've built for cars that an intercooler had little to no effect in power until ~5-6psi boost and started to show decent gains ~8psi boost. I've also noticed that intakes air temperatures didn't rise much until ~8psi boost either. I'm just curious is all, just wondering if a kit could be made even cheaper yet since I know what a quality intercooler costs. Also I'm thinking a lower cost non intercooled 5psi phazer kit might sell pretty good also, 105-110 hp on pumpgas would be nice.

blueironranger said:
I was wondering if you have tried testing a low boost setup without an intercooler? I know on turbo setups I've built for cars that an intercooler had little to no effect in power until ~5-6psi boost and started to show decent gains ~8psi boost. I've also noticed that intakes air temperatures didn't rise much until ~8psi boost either. I'm just curious is all, just wondering if a kit could be made even cheaper yet since I know what a quality intercooler costs. Also I'm thinking a lower cost non intercooled 5psi phazer kit might sell pretty good also, 105-110 hp on pumpgas would be nice.

Sorry blueironranger, I did not see this post as you posted while I was returning from the Novi Snow Show. From what I have tested the most boost I would push without an intercooler is 3 lbs. The constant RPM of a sled and possibility of plugging off all the hood vents in powder/deep snow make us include an intercooler.

theflamanguy said:
How come this thread died? Did it continue somwhere else???

The response may have died out here, this is the only thread there was, but the response in general has been very good. We are actually completely out of stock on all turbo kits currently. Just finish machining, drilling, and taping the next run of cast ductile iron headers and down pipes and off to ceramic coating they will go on Monday!

Srxspec said:
We can setup a toggle switch on the handlebars for a low to high elevation changes.

So is the boost level different for both or just the mapping? I wish there was more information on these kits out there. I would like to buy soon, but with the choices (Ulmer/Alpine/MCX and possibly Powderlites)
it's hard to determine which will work best for me (2000 ft and 6000 - 8000 ft) and have an install that is manageable.....Are there any ULMER dealers in Canada selling/stocking these kits?

doo_man said:
Srxspec said:
We can setup a toggle switch on the handlebars for a low to high elevation changes.

So is the boost level different for both or just the mapping? I wish there was more information on these kits out there. I would like to buy soon, but with the choices (Ulmer/Alpine/MCX and possibly Powderlites)
it's hard to determine which will work best for me (2000 ft and 6000 - 8000 ft) and have an install that is manageable.....Are there any ULMER dealers in Canada selling/stocking these kits?

Just the mapping currently for the toggle switch, but I have a electronic solenoid that we will be able to setup for a low elevation (5 lbs) boost and high elevation (8 lbs) boost as well, just have to get out and ride to make sure it's set and functioning correctly. There aren't any dealers in Canada that have used our new front mount setup. All sales currently have been in the US side.

Any pics of the kit installed, I would like to know where the turbo intake air is drawn from....... is it from within the plastic or is it sticking out?

Air filter is located above the clutch guard. The kit includes a screen that gets installed in the shock tower area to help with fresh air as well (the screen isn't shown in this picture).

FXNytroTurbo011.jpg

Back