• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro 180 hp turbo kit announcement!

Wow, only a 6-7lb gain in weight w/the stock muffler, thats fantastic. MP informed me that thier supercharger kit would add 35-40lbs to the sled.

Could this kit be used at lower elevations ? (2000-6000ft)

This system is designed to run at low elevations (sea level to 3000 feet). We need to do some testing at 3000 feet and above and see that our fuel mapping stays consistant.

You should be abel to run more than 5lbs. at high elevation with this turbo right? Cause if you will have this kit available for under 4g for the mountain guys i would do this before the supercharger in a heartbeat!!!

High elevation will run 7-8 lbs of boost. Pricing for the mountain setup will be the same. We just need to do some testing and verify our fuel numbers tay the same.

Yes it uses an air to air intercooler.

Srxspec said:
High elevation will run 7-8 lbs of boost. Pricing for the mountain setup will be the same. We just need to do some testing and verify our fuel numbers tay the same.

I ride low elevation (Iowa) and higher elevation out west (7k to 10k+). Would different maps need to be used or would boost pressure just need to be adjusted to make up for the barometric pressure changes?

Would I be better suited running the PC V with the autotune?

Sorry if these are not intelligent questions, I dont know a whole lot about turbo systems but am learning more and more everyday.

We can setup a toggle switch on the handlebars for a low to high elevation changes.

FXNytroFrontMount007.jpg

just a heads up and I am not positive but on your website it states that the kit comes with a 8.5 gallon trail tank but I think its a type o and should read 10.1 gallons.

could you post the install instructions I would be interested in how it all goes together.

skoalring11 said:
just a heads up and I am not positive but on your website it states that the kit comes with a 8.5 gallon trail tank but I think its a type o and should read 10.1 gallons.

could you post the install instructions I would be interested in how it all goes together.

Its not a standard trail tank, its designed for this turbo kit, it is a 8.5 gallon tank.

oh I didn't realize. I wonder why if your going to change the tank not make it have a larger capacity.

skoalring11 said:
oh I didn't realize. I wonder why if your going to change the tank not make it have a larger capacity.

That is a larger capacity. The stock tank is only like 7.5 so you are getting an extra gallon and making room for the turbo. If you cut the stock tank and plastic weld it like they did on the first kits it goes down to like a 6 gallon tank. So this is a special molded tank for this turbo kit to allow for the turbo and get extra fuel capacity.

The tank included with the turbo kit is a custom tank made for the turbo kit by Trail Tank (the same company that makes the 10 gallon tank). We lose 1.5 gallons of capacity because the turbo takes up some of the space in the fuel tank area.

Back