• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Inside Look!!

I have a bunch of pictures that I will try to post when I get a chance as well.

RTx99, this sled has great low end and midrange acceleration. The sled will be a great corner to corner sled and handles very well.

Also I did pull a spark plug out while the motor was hot and although it was definitely warm in there, I had no problems taking a plug out and putting it back in.

;)!

I found it funny that you had a pic of a spark plug wrench on the head.

It struck me...With EFI then I will not be fouling plugs like on my VEctor.

Great pics thanks for posting. ;)!

Can you tell me how close the chassis is to the race chassis. Can this sled be jumped without bending anything??

Thanks

This can't be the race chassis can it? How could it ever compete with the other manufactures snow cross chassis's. No paddle track, the new ski doo TNT will by 50lbs lighter,what haven't they told us? I'm not completely convinced of this but the TNT 600 is being advertised at 399 pounds dry, even if we don't make weight the biggest issue this thing is not ready to race right off the showroom floor! Also what are they going to do to compete in the open mod class? I know it is a little early to find out all of these things but it will be Yamahas first year back in snow cross " not on a R&D level" and if they are going to attract new racers they have to do it before they commit to another manufacture. If Yamaha is really going to do this they need to attract GRASS ROOTS racers with incentives and support that starts with being forthwright and helping us make up our minds as to whether or not Yamaha has the machine to own for the up coming season. So Yamaha PM me and I will give you my shop address so you can get two demos on there way one stocker and one open mod, this Nytro looks great but we need more info. My check book is ready are you Yamaha?

Sorry guys, no idea how close this chassis is to the snoX race chassis.

vector_1 said:
I found it funny that you had a pic of a spark plug wrench on the head.

It struck me...With EFI then I will not be fouling plugs like on my VEctor.

Actually no it isn't. I just fouled a set of plugs on Friday afternoon. On Thursday my wife's Nytro fouled a set of plugs. Got new ones for those then on Friday after we got back from the SnoDeo my wife went to move the Phazer later on that afternoon and it wouldn't start. Let it sit since it was about -5 outside and I wasn't going to work on the sled. Saturday I went to pull the sled apart, pulled the plugs and yup they were fouled. Don't know how that would be on an EFI sled but they were both black. I ended up having to clean them since I can not find a dealer that carries these in stock. At least I will have all the right tols with me from now on in case this happens again I can have them changed in an hour with the sled back together.

The FX Nytro is not designed to be a snowcross race sled. Rather they used the open mod racing development to make this the best possible aggressive trail sled. I talked to the reps at the dealer demo in Gaylord today. Robbies open mode racer uses the same engine but iwth different intake and exhaust plus a few other tricks. Robbies sled uses the same side plates, chain case, brake, tunnel, seat, bumper, tail light and spindles. The mode racer has some extra bracing, different clutch, slipper gear, 1.75" track, shocks, bars etc...

The point of my question about the race chassis was not that I think this sled will be right off the sno-x track. I'm wondering how much of the sno-X sled is going to make it into the production model? How strong will the production model be, can this thing be jumped without bending something?

As was mentioned, many of the stock components on Robbies sled are in fact production pieces. The factory sno-x racers likely include additional bracing in a few key areas for the EXTREME abuse they are put through.

I would like to believe that this sled will be tough enough that IF your suspension is properly setup for your intended riding, it could be jumped without fear of breaking frames, bending tunnels, etc. Bottoming out is what wrecks stuff, period.
I'm sure you've felt how stiff Robbies suspension is. After the rear couples initially, it hardly moves. Most people break things on their sleds because their shocks are way too soft.
There is no way Yamaha would show this sled on the snocross track in their advertising being jumped, and then release a piece of tinfoil to the general public.
They have a good idea how these sleds will be ridden. ;)!

minks_698 said:

As was mentioned, many of the stock components on Robbies sled are in fact production pieces. The factory sno-x racers likely include additional bracing in a few key areas for the EXTREME abuse they are put through.

I would like to believe that this sled will be tough enough that IF your suspension is properly setup for your intended riding, it could be jumped without fear of breaking frames, bending tunnels, etc. Bottoming out is what wrecks stuff, period.
I'm sure you've felt how stiff Robbies suspension is. After the rear couples initially, it hardly moves. Most people break things on their sleds because their shocks are way too soft.
There is no way Yamaha would show this sled on the snocross track in their advertising being jumped, and then release a piece of tinfoil to the general public.
They have a good idea how these sleds will be ridden. ;)!

The chassis has to be able to handle the impact as well. You can put stiff race suspension on sled and still bend it if it isn't braced in the right spots. I don't care if the hood is the same as the race sled, I'd like to know how strong are the running boards? Can you land the thing on the front end, flip it over and ride it away? I'm looking for someone who has seen the race sled and the consumer version and can say if the chassis is the same or not. (Not the hood or the track, the chassis.) ;)!

The FX Nytro will be set up for aggressive riders. I talked to the reps at the Demo event and one guy just got back from Canterbury Races he showed us pictures of the race sled without bodywork. The Nytro Robbie is racing is a prototype FX Nytro trail sled modified for racing it is not a hand built racer. They use the same FX chassis and the same tunnel, seat etc. The racer does have more bracing but the stock RTX will be very capable.....

Did they say what kinda clutch they were running onthe mod sled? It would be awesome if yamaha came out with a 4 tower clutch or something. There hasn't been a change made to the clutch since maybe mid 90's? Not saying it doens't work good, but it would be great to whack another 10% out of the power lost between crank and track!

The clutches are the same as since the SRX (when they upgraded to the long spring cap). They are using the same clutches on the open mod sled as well except on the sno-X sled they use a Team roller (which everyone in Sno-X is doing). The sled does have a larger outside diameter jackshaft so none of the earlier secondaries will fit on any longer (but still uses the same helixes and springs).

Back