• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Trail Tank Pictures

I dont know if that could be an issue later on but on the rear of the sidepanel that you usually put under the plastic and now you cant.. Could you make like a dent in the tank for that so your legs cant catsh it and break the fasteners in the tank??

Sorry for the english in this post dont know what the peace of plastic that you "fasten" the panel with is called.

Here is some feedback, I NEED MY TANK!!!!!!!!!! we got 10-18" coming this weekend, and I dont want to cxome out of the hills :p

just kidding seth, cannot wait for the install...one thing I learned from this thread, that stupid gasket will shrink back down, with freezing it, that little tidbit is a bit o genius!!!

Fasttoys said:
how much does the tank cost?

Retail cost is $325.

COLDONE said:
Is it that plastic with a dull finish that scratches real easy? Look that way in pics.

BR

No it is not the type of plastic that is a real dull finish and scratches easily. I just took a flat blade screw driver to the tank and scraped it across the surface, unless I pushed down with some real force the tank did not get scratched.

waubamikrider said:
I just ordered one. I'm not happy about this. that sucks you have to bust out a screw driver to open the hood. There has to be a alternative?

If you could find a bolt that used the hoop on it similar to the OEM Yamaha dsuz fastener you could possibly unscrew it with the hoop on it, but I have yet to find a bolt similar to that design available yet.

racingronnie said:
Thank you for taking the time the post this with pictures. What are we looking at for cost?

$325 retail pricing.

Krakan said:
I dont know if that could be an issue later on but on the rear of the sidepanel that you usually put under the plastic and now you cant.. Could you make like a dent in the tank for that so your legs cant catsh it and break the fasteners in the tank??

Sorry for the english in this post dont know what the peace of plastic that you "fasten" the panel with is called.

You trim that piece of the original panel off per the instructions with the CCLLC trail tank.

Alatalo said:
I am worried about the same things as Kråkan,

Srxspec, did you test ride the sled after installing the tank...?
Does the rear tab of the sidepanel catch your leg...?
Is the leg room affected in any other way...?

The rear tab is supposed to be trimmed off upon installation. The leg room is not affected in anyway as the tank is no wider than the OEM tank with the plastic shrouding installed.

Would you guys like a thumb screw (wouldn't need a screw driver to remove the panels) instead of a phillips head screw to hold the panels on?

Attachments

• KnurledWithShoulderGroup.gif
    KnurledWithShoulderGroup.gif
    7 KB · Views: 1,272
Srxspec said:
Would you guys like a thumb screw (wouldn't need a screw driver to remove the panels) instead of a phillips head screw to hold the panels on?

Yes, I would. Do you have some?

Cause I'm for sure gonna rig something that lets me remove the hood without tools. Even if I have to cut the heads off the dzuz and weld them onto the screws.

Or use rubber grommets in the hood and thread in a plastic arrow post into the tank kinda like a rev hood but reverse.

Either way I ain't carrying a philly driver in my pocket.

thumb screw would be an awesome idea. Just in case someone forgets there multi tool or screwdriver and needs to remove the hood on the trail.

Instead of cutting the tabs off, I think maybe they should offer something that slides over the tabs made from the same material as the tank(thin strip's).Thats the only area that I could tell that it wasnt stock looking.imo

Some pictures of thumb screws....

TrailTank017.jpg

TrailTank018.jpg

TrailTank019.jpg

TrailTank021.jpg

TrailTank022.jpg

Allen, will you have those thumb screws available in stainless or chrome colored or just black?? Thanks

The anodized black is the most affordable setup. The stainless are twice as expensive, but I can get them in stainless as well.

why not just grind the head of the screw with a groove to fit a penny. you can do it and make it look factory?

how are the install directions that come with the kit? I plan on orderin one for my RTX SE. Sethh e-mailed me that these will fit the 09RTX SE.

Back