• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX - vs - GT on top speed

I've been told that the GT will go about 3-4mph faster than the FX .
Does anyone have real numbers ?
WHat about low end acceleration - is it noticebly quicker on the FX over the GT ?
I like the FX - but I don't want to sacrifice much top end .

I dont think theres much of a difference in top speed anyways, but I think that FX had GT gearing.

checkman39 said:
I was out riding Tug Hill today. I talked to Mike at Highmarket. He said the phazer hit 88mph on radar and time run. yes it was an fx but the owner geared it down to the GT and made his own clutch kit. It was an unoffical run. I was told Roberts Sports Center Yamaha of sarnac lake was the owner and rider.

I've seen 140+ km/hr on my GT on the lake, 88 mph, stock, over a short distance. I still won't hold it pinned longer then 10 sec tops.

Also, I understand that the Hacksaw track is better for top speed then the Ripsaw?

-Steve

(MRSLED wrote:

We just got back from Rib Lake on our Phazer FX, my son did 93 mph and I was hitting 87 and 88 all day on the radar gun. The speedo was showing 102 at 93 and around 96 on those other runs... more info for you guys. Enjoy!!!)

More of the radar runs here: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=35238

Dont think you will notice any difference between a 1" hacksaw and a 1" ripsaw on your gt "BV1"

Back