• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap closed loop tuning!!

This was after a 93 mile (gps) trail ride @ 50-75 mph back in January. It was my first longish ride after loading the closed loop tunes. I took a picture of it then because I was surprised at how much fuel I still had at the end. Not scientific by any means, but I've done this ride dozens of times and this was the first time I felt the need to photograph my fuel gauge...
IMG_5164.jpeg

Could show the log with boost, rpm, throttle, speed, and fuel multiplier? If you want to play the bonus round, turn on knock ping counter as well.

ps. - you live in Indiana and have your speed in metric?! There is only one unit for measuring speed, and that is MPH!

lol fixed! Knock counter is the flat 0 line.

IMG-1885.PNG

IMG-1886.PNG

These logs are from a (fairly wide) trail ride. Do you have any that shows a WOT pull?

Right, field to field trail riding in IN. Unfortunately no WOT pulls logged. I thought I was datalogging north of Houghton to Copper Bay on 17 and 3 two weekends ago. Had flasher hooked up, bluetooth on phone on, opened app. Got back to hotel and no saved log. F!

I don't know enough to answer that question, so I'll just post a screenshot example. For the fuel multiplier number, it fluctuates 98-105 roughly and sometimes spikes higher up to 116. But, I don't know what that means...

View attachment 160274
Looks like your tune and fuel pressure matches good. Your staying around 100. See how the auto tune shuts off at lower rpm... it does not activate until a certain speed. This data logging is great.

Looks like your tune and fuel pressure matches good. Your staying around 100. See how the auto tune shuts off at lower rpm... it does not activate until a certain speed. This data logging is great.

The guys at Turbo Dynamics are great for dialing these tunes and all the hardware variables in. Between my dad and me, we have three 998's with Turbo Dynamics tunes and various TD hardware. All three have closed loop. Couldn't be happier. Smiles for miles.

Ok.this thread was hard to follow!!!so does this tune work?does it help with a stock sled?does it work with stock muffler tunes?

Ok...anyone?
It does work but gains will vary from sled to sled because of different gas qualities, hardware setups etc. I do not think its available for stock tuning but definitely available for stock muffler performance tunes.

It does work but gains will vary from sled to sled because of different gas qualities, hardware setups etc. I do not think its available for stock tuning but definitely available for stock muffler performance tunes.
Max spool 16 hp increase?

Max spool 16 hp increase?
Its not really a program for hp increase. Its designed to keep sled running at optimal afrs. Gas quality and weather have effects on this so closed loop tuning keeps the running quality consistant from day to day. There may be small hp gains for those who have a certain hardware configuration that that make the tune run outside the original afr target it was designed for.

Increased throttle response has been reported, some may interpret this as increased power.

Ok.this thread was hard to follow!!!so does this tune work?does it help with a stock sled?does it work with stock muffler tunes?
I put on 1800 miles with closed loop SM tune last season. my sled runs very well, very sharp throttle response, i think the improvement in how well the motor feels at any throttle position gives you the seat of pants feel you have more power. I did have to go another .8 gram heavier on weights from the previous season to keep rpm at 9 - 9100. a difference in new belt and different conditions could have been the reason for change? hard to tell when you stop riding in March, make a performance change during the off season then ride again in January and try to remember the difference. my set up is 2018 Sidewinder XTX 141 Turbo Dynamics Max16, CAI, BOV, TD header, 4 bar map, closed loop. all clutching is thunder products. Its quiet and powerful, with very little throttle pull its as smooth as stock. once the rpm gets over 6,000 its a different personality and turns into a beast. i am sure there are a lot of turbos faster but for the riding i do, groomed trails it gets the job done. even on smooth long straits in northern Maine 120 + MPH is sketchy, so the mods i have done make this Sidewinder more than fast enough for conditions 99% of the time and its better than stock on fuel.

Back