• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap closed loop tuning!!

Where are you guys mounting your Wideband Modules? Anyone have any pics of the connections and location? Also with lighted handguards I suppose I need a splitter for the accessory plug if i want to keep running them with the O2?

Where are you guys mounting your Wideband Modules? Anyone have any pics of the connections and location? Also with lighted handguards I suppose I need a splitter for the accessory plug if i want to keep running them with the O2?
Page 28 in gap manual
Screenshot_20210123-114641_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210123-114649_Drive.jpg

Are the bugs sorted out? Any gain in performance or fuel saving?

Are the bugs sorted out? Any gain in performance or fuel saving?
For fuel this is what we noticed!!!
I ran with 3 other guys
2 of us run hurricane header pm tunes with closed loop
2 of us run hurricane pm tunes with stock exhaust manifold no closed loop
We ran for 3 days together paying close attention to fuel economy.
All 4 off used exactly the same amounts of fuel at each fill up
3 guys 24/50 and I run 21/38
I am guessing our header tunes are probably are a little harder on fuel? It would have been nice to have a one of us with header and no cl for better comparison.

We have 2 other buddies that been riding together all season.
Both the same set up but one hurricane and one td
Pm tunes ,3 bar, trail mufflers , bov, ...
The hurricane guy has closed loop and the td guy did not.

The hurricane guy with cl was seeing 5 to 8$ less at each fill up.
But hear is the kicker..lol
The same hurricane guy with cl rides with another hurricane guy with the exact set up but no cl and they end up exactly the same at the pumps.when filling!!

As for performance throttle did feel crisp.. we did notice less black sout on the exhaust side lower pannel.

All the guys I know who run the closed loop has no issues. Some who purchased cl early season needed a update and all was good

Imo: -no noticeable change in performance
- Fuel mileage is NOT an 18% reduction as Ben from td stated.
- i do like having afr displayed on my gauge
- in warm weather riding we did have less exhaust Soot on panel and no more warm weather backfiring. So it definitely runs leaner and cleaner

Hopefully other with cl chime in with there experience and comparisons

Last edited:
yamamarc
Why did the early season CL need updates?
There were a few bugs at first mainly because incorrect flashing procedure from what I understand( needed to disconnect the module when flashing)
Some (myself one of them )not having afr displayed on gauge!
Some guys ended up with a pile of ghost code that need to be cleared if they flashed with module plugged in.

For fuel this is what we noticed!!!
I ran with 3 other guys
2 of us run hurricane header pm tunes with closed loop
2 of us run hurricane pm tunes with stock exhaust manifold no closed loop
We ran for 3 days together paying close attention to fuel economy.
All 4 off used exactly the same amounts of fuel at each fill up
3 guys 24/50 and I run 21/38
I am guessing our header tunes are probably are a little harder on fuel? It would have been nice to have a one of us with header and no cl for better comparison.

We have 2 other buddies that been riding together all season.
Both the same set up but one hurricane and one td
Pm tunes ,3 bar, trail mufflers , bov, ...
The hurricane guy has closed loop and the td guy did not.

The hurricane guy with cl was seeing 5 to 8$ less at each fill up.
But hear is the kicker..lol
The same hurricane guy with cl rides with another hurricane guy with the exact set up but no cl and they end up exactly the same at the pumps.when filling!!

As for performance throttle did feel crisp.. we did notice less black sout on the exhaust side lower pannel.

All the guys I know who run the closed loop has no issues. Some who purchased cl early season needed a update and all was good

Imo: -no noticeable change in performance
- Fuel mileage is NOT an 18% reduction as Ben from td stated.
- i do like having afr displayed on my gauge
- in warm weather riding we did have less exhaust Soot on panel and no more warm weather backfiring. So it definitely runs leaner and cleaner

Hopefully other with cl chime in with there experience and comparisons
I for one noticed no difference in fuel economy. The claim seemed like a best case scenario , certain condition potential up to 20% which I understood as basically 0-20%. Both tuners utilizing gap software made the claim in their descriptions on the website.14347212-96C0-489D-813B-6B0A4B1DDE8B.jpeg

For the Hurricane closed loop system what is the difference between the Air Fuel input module AEM and the Air Fuel module ECU master? When I order the closed loop system I got the latter (Air fuel module ECU master.)

Does the AEM allow for data logging while the ECU master does not?

https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca...t-performance-products/air-fuel-input-module/

https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca...ce-products/air-fuel-input-module-ecu-master/

Data logging happens with the Flasher, not the A/F module. If you activate the data logging, you can see the A/F ratio either way.

Back