• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas mileage poll on the RS Series??

Gas Mileage

• 10 mpg or less

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 11 to 12 mpg

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 13 to 14 mpg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 to 16 mpg

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • 17 to 18 mpg

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • 18 mpg or more

Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters
17.5 on this tank. Wow. Way better than the Panther and no oil to burn or chainsaw smell!

So I had my first real trip this past weekend and we had to go very slowly, trails aren't ideal and very tight hilly terrain (Lanark Highlands). I filled up and reset my odo and did 80kms to the next full up, took 11.4L of fuel.

I come from the dual sport adventure bike world where I can get 5L/100km easily but sledding is a whole new world. I was disappointed at my 14.25L/100km which is 16mpg but I guess that's normal.

My buddy with a crazy 800 two stroke took 23L for the same mileage lol, 10mpg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had my 08 Vector LTX GT for two winters now. Was getting 16mpg consistently a year ago. Cleaned and synched the carbs in November. This year, consistently 19mpg. Sled now has 9700 miles, 2400 of them are mine.

I bought a used 2011 RS Vector GT with 1626 miles on it. The tank was full of fuel not sure of the age or the octane rating. The sled would not start until the 3rd or 4th attempt regardless of the temp. That first tank of fuel I was just over 15 mpg. The next 3 tanks were filled with 87 octane with ethanol and a full can of seafoam (love that stuff) each fill up. With each of these fill ups almost to a T each tank was seeing about a 1+mpg jump. The 3 start attempts are down to 1 without exception regardless of the temp including a -22F morning. I currently have 2693 on the ole gal for the season and consistently see 18,19, and a high of 20.7 mpg per fill! This is with plain ole 87 octane with the ethanol blend and no more sea foam additive. I am very impressed with the fuel economy on this machine.

Bought my 2010 RS Vector LTX GT in March of 2020 with 2100mi on it. The first 1000 mi has my girlfriend is getting 16.5-17.2 mpg on each tank full. Great sled, and very well behaved with the soft start spring!

Back