• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas Mileage

ViperTurboPete

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper XTX LE MPI Turbo
2022 Expedition Extreme 850
I picked up my 08 MTX and am wondering how far I can go (kms/miles) on a tank of gas in general with stock tank. I will research gas racks and tanks later, but am just wondering for now.

Thanks!

I think others have done better, but before I changed to a trail tank I wanted to be able to get gas at the 80 mile mark. I'm not certain if mileage improves as the motor gets broken in or not.

on a powder day stock tank i could about 50 miles
i am disappointed with the fuel economy mine gets.

out of all my sleds all in stock form the best fuel mileage sled i had was my 02 mountain max.

i have skidoo 600 buddies that get better fuel mileage and these are carbed 600s.

i still love my yamaha though!!!

my sons XTX is 15 miles per gallon, but he only has about 600 miles at this point - same as my phazer (but i'm also trying to keep up).

a buddy has 2000 mountain max 600 and he burnt half a tank to my full tank in the 09 nytro. I was a little dissappointed when I was the one making everyone turn around to get fuel. I got 80 km out of it though. A lot of drift climbing and pissing around only got 5-7 km from his house and run up 80 km.

I just got back from the first Ride this season. I Ran mine dry today for 162 kms. That's about 1/3 playing in pow, 1/3 hard riding on a trail with a foot of pow, 1/3 on hard trail. I ride with a sdi and we are always around 1 or 2 liters different either way. I'm satisfied with the milage but not with the stingy tank. A trail tank should be a permanant on this sled.

So about a 100/160kms miles/kms to a tank on MTX...that's enough for me. I will add a gas can on there...will research skud doo gas cans. I remember when I bought a 1990 Indy 500 SKS with the small tank and I was getting a 100 miles and it was okay until I replaced it with the 10gal.

The small tank does have its strong point....it is less expensive to fill up!

I read the Nytro FAQ's on gas mileage, but it doesn't seem to include the MTX which obviously has a longer track and different gearing.

Out riding yesterday with a 01 mm700, 05 polaris 600, and an 09 crossfire 100.
My 09 MTX used the least amount of fuel out of all 4. The mileage is great on this thing but the tank is small.

it is amazing to see how they all differ in mileage

i have never rode just trail almost always making my own trails

Back