• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gear reduction part ##'s 07 standard?

QUADSCRIB

Expert
Ive talked on here bout my 07 standard Phazer that I picked up. I know that Yamaha vins are sequential and mine is (last eight) 7A001198 which is telling me that mine is the 1198'th production unit...ever!
Ive only been able to ride this thing once (bought early spring) but I am hearing a whining noise and either way am planning to preventatively replace the gear reduction gears due to the fact that there is no warranty remaining and I cant afford an engine if this breaks.
My local Yamaha dealler has an online fiche but Im not 100% that Ive found what I am looking for.
Can anyone give me the part numbers needed to do this job? And for that matter if Im going to have any surprises.... I am VERY mechanically inclined and always do ALL of my own work but a little info beforehand would be great!!!
Main thing is the part ##'S.
Thanx for ANY help guys!!

I think I found it...OUCH!!! NOT CHEAP (I know cheaper than a motor).
The part# I found is : 8GC-W114B-00-00 Almost $500.00 damn.
Is this the correct number???

You're lucky I'm such a nice guy.

Check with Port Yamaha to confirm and for the best price on your parts.

Item #20 on the attachment is the Drive Gear Set, part #8GC-W114B-00-00 @ $448.

Attachments

• Fiche Parts.pdf
    45.7 KB · Views: 90
Are you positive that's where the noise is coming from? Lot of cash/work if it's not.

Attachments

• phazer pipe 1.JPG
    phazer pipe 1.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 49
  • phazer pipe 2.JPG
    phazer pipe 2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 48
Nope but its that or the clutch...the clutch is VERY noisy at idle.
As far as gear reduction goes the horror stories Ive read here scare me and my Phazer is the 1198th one built... VERY EARLY.
I did call Nelson's Speed Shop and they have never sold the gear reduction parts ever so I feel a little more confident.
Im hard on sleds and cant afford an engine if that blew but could afford the $500.00 to be defensive.... kinda
Obviously Im worrying too much..... ;)!

Back