• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gearing

xtx

Extreme
So I keep reading that stock gearing is no good , I have a 2016 LTX LE coming with the MCX 190 tubo kit what do u guys recommend ? I have read a lot that the 21/41 gears might b the answer all agree with this ?

That's not true, the stock gearing is excellent depending on how you ride. If your looking for a lake speed racer then you might want to change the gears. I love the low end gearing for boondocking in the hills and could less about top speed. Just depends on what your trying to do.

Like yamahaguys said it depends on what you do. I have the Hurricane 190kit and i wanted some more top speed and some better cruising characteristics/mpg on trail without sacrificing too much down low so i went with the 21-41 gears. i have herd that it is a great upgrade and you can barley tell the difference down low with a turbo.

Ok thanks definitely looking for more top end , I would like to keep up with a 2014 xtx Apex

Your xtx more than likely already has 21/41 gearing, for more speed you'll need more gearing yet. The xtx has smaller drivers that's why it uses the taller gearing, it's top speed is the same as the Ltx and rtx though, so you will still need to regear for more speed. If you want top speed I can say from experience that there's nothing more annoying than having a rocket to 105-110mph and then completely dying because it's out of gear.

when changing gears for top seed do it take away the power and torque on the bottom end on stock machine.

Yes. On a Turbo the power is so extreme down low it's just wasted in spinning unless you can hook it up and control it. In my Modded NA it did slow acceleration but not as bad as one would think. Put 500mi on that weekend in real wet snow and still could hit 90 only got one ride with it geared so only did wieght change for top rpm. Will work on getting some snap back this winter. If this works it's going to be nice. I got way better mpg than Phazer my daughter was riding and still had no trouble lifting front end for the whoops and water holes. It's about clutching efficiency. The faster those clutches are spinning the less efficient they become. I may have went to far but I went big with 25-45. If it doesn't work I will fix it with a turbo or open up the motor and cam and port it.

On my 2014 SE I geared 22/41 and my buddy's XTX I geared 24/41 which is very close in ratio both sleds 190 turbos

Back