• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gearing

Top gear from yamaha is only $28 and bottoms are $42 but there is not a big selection

So now that I can't turbo my LTX Le is it still wise to gear it to the 21/41 gears if it's staying completely stock

Here is what is supposedly available through Arctic cat with dreamometer like speed values for the different drivers on the LTX the 21/41 at 8800 rpms should net about 120 mph but I doubt there is enough power in a stock motor to get it to fully shift out to pull it. My 14 is now over 300 hp with 9 tooth 2.86 and I am going to try the 24/35 and see how close it will do to the 161 mph on ice drags.

gearing chart.png

Wow it would be a snail out of the hole
No not as much as you think. The gearing also allows you to attain same speed without using the whole clutch or overdrive. So no worries about binding springs or clutch machining. We will see this year. Seems like everyone has geared. Will require clutching again.

Here is how close that chart is my xtx with stock 21/41 gears and overdriven clutches on ice chart says 110 mph at 8800 with stock 8 tooth 3.0 pitch. Hit 110 at 9060 rpms on speedo and radar was 112.

110 MPH Viper.png

Ya i geared to 24/41 this year acording to that chart it should around 125mph

So now that I can't turbo my LTX Le is it still wise to gear it to the 21/41 gears if it's staying completely stock
If you are capable of doing the install yourself then for the small amount of $.Yes I would and my reasoning is to avoid using the clutches to the max and all that entails. Especially if using a 8dn belt.

The 8dn will also use more of your clutch than 8jp which is reason for clutch machining and spring bind. This is why the gearing would help in my opinion. Along with better efficiency.

Back