• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gearing

Ok I am going to swap out my non turbo Ltx se sled with 21/41 gears and chain from a xtx. Does anybody have these items they want to sell. I am going to the want ads to post.

Ok I am going to swap out my non turbo Ltx se sled with 21/41 gears and chain from a xtx. Does anybody have these items they want to sell. I am going to the want ads to post.
Have you looked at new prices there really cheap compared to the apex style. I think my re gear to 21/41 this summer was only 120 ish gears and chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you looked at new prices there really cheap compared to the apex style. I think my re gear to 21/41 this summer was only 120 ish gears and chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I did but I got a new guy at the counter so I am not sure if he cut me a break. It was way more than that.

I paid just shy of 220 for the 21 41 and chain. This year.

I'm not too sure why you would gear higher with a stock viper. I ran the stock gearing for a bit with the hurricane turbo and could reach 116 mph on gps.....really no real gain installing higher gears if you don't have the power to obtain overdrive. I have run the 21/41 and 24/41 gears with the turbo and overall for trail and top end the 24/41 gears work the best for me(lets not forget endless amount of time clutching). Oh and make sure you know what model of viper you have. Different models have different pitch and drive sprockets which affect your gearing!!

I'm not too sure why you would gear higher with a stock viper. I ran the stock gearing for a bit with the hurricane turbo and could reach 116 mph on gps.....really no real gain installing higher gears if you don't have the power to obtain overdrive. I have run the 21/41 and 24/41 gears with the turbo and overall for trail and top end the 24/41 gears work the best for me(lets not forget endless amount of time clutching). Oh and make sure you know what model of viper you have. Different models have different pitch and drive sprockets which affect your gearing!!
That's why I want to try a used set to see want gains are made. I have a few mods that bump up my hp and clutching. I am aware of the difference between the the drive sprockets and pitch between the two. I will post results good and bad if our lake ever freezes.

I also explained one good reason for regearing is that you then won't be forced to try attaining overdrive. Something past Yamahas did not have to do and they still achieved plenty of top end stock. Clutches are less efficient in overdrive or near it. That's a fact.

I will have a set in a week or 2 my 14 is being changed now and the 15 is going to change when I get it back from Ulmer so I will actually have 2 full sets if you can wait.

Back