• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gearing

martin63092

Extreme
just opened my chain case to find out my gearing, 19 41, i know stock is 17 41? im wondering if i should keep 19 41 for my location (flat). Even with 19 uper i still hit my rev limiter which is not good! any help plz?

Doesnt the MTX have different smaller drivers at track?That would explain why gearing is higher since drive is lower.You will need to do some clutching.

i would take it down to an 18 i have the 17 on and i am thinking of going up to the 18. and droping it should pull it off the rev limiter and it will also make it a little faster out of the hole

when does it hit the limiter, JUST out of the hole or all the time? I have mine clutched to run ~11,200 rpm on hardpack and I'll still hit the limiter once in awhile out of the hole. I think its mostly due to the HIGH ~4500-5000rpm engagement speed of the clutches on the MTX which puts a TON of force on the track causing it to spin out of hole. Even my 144" Freeride won't hookup under ideal conditions if I pin the throttle out of the hole, I NEED to roll on the throttle to keep it from spinning. If your RPM's are above 11,500 all the way up to top end then you need to add heavier rivets. I would install a 17.2 (4.5 gram) rivet in each outer hole for starters.

cannondale27 said:
Doesnt the MTX have different smaller drivers at track?That would explain why gearing is higher since drive is lower.You will need to do some clutching.

Yes, 121" phazers = 9 tooth
MT. lite/MTX = 8 tooth

roughly the same as 2 teeth difference on the upper gear. If shorties REALLY want to get down toss in MTX drivers and a 17t gear, It will act like a 15t but you will be limited to ~70mph. I can see why someone who only rode a GT thinks the Phazer is kind of doggie, Its geared to run 95 mph! My MTX with a stock 17t is geared for 70mph which is 33% more power to the track! 80hp + 33% = feels like 107hp from 0-70 compared to the GT.

And 9 tooth drivers will not work on a FRESH 144" track on the Phazer MTX, I tried and you CANNOT get the skid back as the track is too tight, A fresh 144" barely fit with the 8 tooth drivers, my adjusters are all the way in. I wanted to go to 9 tooth drivers to freeup a bit of rolling resistance but that didn't work. It was worth a shot though since I got the who axle and drivers for only 50$. after my track is stretched a bit I might try the 9's again.

yamaha phazer GT will run over 100 on spedo stock and is by no means doggie. The farthest ahead out of the hole my buddies mtx got was 2-3 sleds and i closed that gap quickly so ha with your theory... And with my clutch kit installed theres no competition FREE RIDE HERE I COME!

Back