• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting error codes

gbickel

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2 1998 700
New to four strokes. A friend bought a used 08 Apex and it ran fine for 3 days. Now it does not start and is backfiring when cranking it over. Has new spark plugs. I have tried to get codes by holding set and rest buttons at same time when turning key on. I never get Diag on screen only Di. The only thing I an able to read is the throttle position is 16. Is that high? If it were a car I would think the problem was cam or crank sensor being out of sink. Bad stator? Thanks. I would like to get this running and out of my garage.

Is he letting the temp light go out before he tries to move it? These sleds have to warm up before you can hit the gas. It wipes out the plugs quickly. Also, don't give it any throttle when you crank it. You could try to pull the fuel pump relay, behind the left foot well, and crank it. I got mine started that way once when I flooded it. It will sputter a little bit then not try at all. Plug the relay in and try it again.

Finally kept playing with it. When you crank it extendedly it flashes the yellow light and gives you a code 12. Ordered a new stator. Tore old one out tonight. Waiting on gasket. Not a bad job maybe 2 3 hours plus oil change.

Installed stator. Started right up. Worst part of job is getting stator cover bolts in.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Gave my friend that choice. He decided to go with new Yamaha part complete.

just did my stator I had code 12 also started right up good as new I replaced with dealer part

Back