• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"go to 1st unread post"

PwdrNut

Lifetime Member
Website
www.haboost.com
Is this site capable of this feature? I find this very handy on many of the sites that I visit for threads that I am following.
It would be great to see it implemented on this site if possible.
Otherwise. Great site/great members that have tons of useful info!!

I use 'view posts since last visit'. Skim through the thread list, right click and 'open in new window' the ones I want to read. I do that for every page of new posts. Of course, it's lots easier to keep up in the summer, usually only 1, maybe 2 pages of new posts per day. In the winter, it's lots more, 4,5,6.... pages of new posts in one day. Hence my numerous daily trips to the forum and the addiction.

I think what he means when you open up a tread that the page be position on the "first unread post" on it, as in if you checked in yesterday and there were 5 post on that tread and then the next day you checked back in and there were 8 post on the tread it will automaticly be positioned so that the 6th post is up instead starting from the top of the page and having to scroll down.

what.gif
Oh, well that would be pretty cool but I don't believe the software running on this board supports that feature.

Yeah, probably a bit much with 5000 members
I use to be on a forum like it but there were only like 200 of us.

exactly

That is exactly what I was meant.
When opening the thread, there is a button that will bring you to the first post that you haven't read.
Bummer that it can't be accomplished here.
The sites I use it on have many more members than this site. Not that that means anything.

If it's any help, I usually scroll down untill the icon infront of the "posted on" line changes from white to an orange colour. The orange colour is the start of the new posts since your last visit.

Not my favorite board for sure!! But snowest also has this feature.
If you are in a thread or open it, there is a button that says "last unread."
This is the "goal" I meant. Being able to click a link to the last message that I have actually read (or next) in the thread.
It saves tons of time when trying to figure out "where you left off" in the thread.

I just click on the highlighted envelope with the arrow next to it just to the left of the post & it takes me to the last posts i've read without going through the prior posts. :rocks:

Back